Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Scalp Issues With Strap Advice PLS
Scalp Issues With Strap Advice PLS
Not sure why, maybe stress due to Pandemic but my scalp where the straps are seem to be sore. I think it is seborrhic dermatitis ( sorry for misspelling) and it really kinda hurts.

It's also a new thing that kinda just came about. I am wondering because I am not working right now, if it cause I am in bed longer, hence the straps are on my head longer.

Has anyone experienced this and if so could tell me what may have worked for them. I have spoke with my Doc and gave me some  Ketoconzimole cream, also ordered some shampoo with pine tar.

LAstly, is there a nose mask with no strap that exists in case I need to take a break from the Dream wear mask on occasion.

Thank you and I hope everyone is doing OK during this crazy time . P

Andy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Scalp Issues With Strap Advice PLS
Welcome to Apnea Board,

I have heard good reviews on a product called Pad A Cheek Supplier #31. They sell fabric padding that attaches to masks to add a cushion to the straps. Check them out and see if something suits.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried washing the straps?  Use something mild, like baby shampoo or any mild soap, rinse well and let dry.   Other than that, looks like your doc gave you some ointments to help.

As far as a mask with no straps, the only one I know of is the Bleep mask.  It actually tapes to your nose.
I've never tried it, so can't say how it works.  You can actually look on Supplier #1 site for a pic of the mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it only where the strap is?
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Andycc, the shampoo with ketokonazole in it is available at Walmart under the brand Nizerol and will save quite a lot of money over the 2% prescription ointment. There are also lower concentration ketokonazole ointments available OTC that will cost less. It works pretty well, and I would recommend starting there, and holding off on the shampoo with pine tar or tea oil. In the old days, they prescribed coal tar shampoo, which probably shortened my lifespan as much as it did my hair. Anyway, like CPAP, sometimes it's good to use one solution at a time to see what works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting to read this. Similar enough to my own story. I am recovering from a scalp infection where the velcro loop on top of the chin strap went around a plastic hoop. It was a sleep legends "hook n Loop" from Amazon.
It was a new chin strap [ the one from my medical supply store would fall apart in about a month] and actually very comfortable but boy did my head not like it. I am bald so no doubt a little extra cushion could have made a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you thrown your headgear into the washer & dryer? That can help.

I mainly get either migraines (too tight at the base of the neck) or pimples (due to needing to be washed) from mine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 192 17 minutes ago
Last Post: Luka07
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 283 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.