Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 AHI, 3 nights in a row, but FFM is clamped down.
RE: 0.0 AHI, 3 nights in a row, but FFM is clamped down.
(05-25-2015, 07:22 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 06:13 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I shut off my 5 min ramp, and since then, I've had 0.0 AHI; for 3 nights in a row, but...

My Simplus FFM is pretty much bolted to my face, to stop nose leaks, and it's leaving lines on my skin that aren't fading so easily.

Try a reboot. i.e. -- pull power and wait a few minutes before reapplying power. Sometimes these machines get lost in their firmware and fail to score apneas.

I did it, and I still have 0.0 AHI; all other stats are consistent. My main problem is/was sleep onset hypopneas, which were happening during 5 min ramp. As soon as I shut ramp off, the machine controlled them. That is what my DME and my doctor think.
Post Reply Post Reply
JVinNE,
I think it's great! The lowest I've seen is .04 AHI, but mine can jump around.

The important thing is how you feel. If you were getting 0.0 readings, but not feeling good, then I'd have to say there was something wrong.

Keep up the good work, I know the mask is the hardest part of therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good numbers, sometimes they can 'freeze', looks like your just lower than most everybody. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 05:35 PM)Napmeister Wrote: Good numbers, sometimes they can 'freeze', looks like your just lower than most everybody. Smile

Before I shut ramp off, a typical night was .21 or .31, with the hypopneas after getting up to pee and going back to bed, and the occasional reason unknown apnea.

I also currently have anxiety issues, because I'm in the early stage of menopause, Oh-jeez so I am on a low dose of anxiolytic medication; less than a .5 of generic Klonopin in 24 hours. I take 0.065 grams before bed, and another 0.065g when I get up, for a total of .0382mg daily.

I have been on ASV treatment for about a little over 50 days, and I am now walking 2.5 miles about 3 times a week. I just wish I could sleep more than 6 and a half to 7 hours. I suspect that my anxiety/menopause issues cause that. I actually tapered my medication down from 1mg, but it took 3 months to do it. Morning anxiety sucks. I get shaky and scared, but I would rather not be on a sh*tload of this medicine. I'm trying to be brave and strong. Easier said than done.

Post Reply Post Reply
DME wants to try a nasal mask on me. They are bringing a ruby chinstrap, a P10, and a Wisp. I am both a mouth and nose breather, but I'm willing to try this out, because my face is looking dented from the Simplus. I'll keep both masks, and pay out of pocket for the nasal. Maybe I can train myself to nose breathe? If I'm very congested, I would obviously have the Simplus as a backup. I'm willing to give it at least a night to see what's what.
(05-27-2015, 03:31 PM)OpalRose Wrote: JVinNE,
I think it's great! The lowest I've seen is .04 AHI, but mine can jump around.

The important thing is how you feel. If you were getting 0.0 readings, but not feeling good, then I'd have to say there was something wrong.

Keep up the good work, I know the mask is the hardest part of therapy.

Thank you. Smile

The mask is a b*tch, but not because I'm scared of it, just because it's messing with my face on an epic level.

Post Reply Post Reply
i think 4 0 consecutive Ahi nights represents some kind of record, or else black magic or gremlins. and if the reboot did no good, then you should return the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 07:42 PM)nativedancer Wrote: i think 4 0 consecutive Ahi nights represents some kind of record, or else black magic or gremlins. and if the reboot did no good, then you should return the machine.

Haha! Seriously though, my numbers were really low before I shut ramp off. It's a really great machine. It's some state-of-the-art sh*t, and according to Sleepyhead, it's working just fine. Again, all other stats were consistent.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow congratulations on your excellent AHI score!!
Way to go!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:37 PM)trailrider Wrote: Wow congratulations on your excellent AHI score!!
Way to go!

Thank you. It's pretty surprising to me, but again, the numbers were low before, and it is ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 06:13 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I shut off my 5 min ramp, and since then, I've had 0.0 AHI; for 3 nights in a row, but...

My Simplus FFM is pretty much bolted to my face, to stop nose leaks, and it's leaving lines on my skin that aren't fading so easily.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 252 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 452 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 582 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 451 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 372 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.