Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 AHI, 3 nights in a row, but FFM is clamped down.
RE: 0.0 AHI, 3 nights in a row, but FFM is clamped down.
(05-27-2015, 11:05 PM)Joanster Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 06:13 PM)JVinNE Wrote: I shut off my 5 min ramp, and since then, I've had 0.0 AHI; for 3 nights in a row, but...

My Simplus FFM is pretty much bolted to my face, to stop nose leaks, and it's leaving lines on my skin that aren't fading so easily.

I bought some nice soft flannel cotton out room for my nose and moth, and put it under the mask-it works like a miracle, I don't need the mask as tight, and it doesn't leak--i couldn't deal with the silicone on my face. I would get read, sore, and puffy--with the flannel/cotton, all is well. Give it a try, hope it works for you, like it does for me...[i have the f10 mask ]
Post Reply Post Reply
Night 5, 0.0 AHI. All other stats are consistent. I should post a picture of it. Where is the best place to do that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Frame it!

Congrats on your success!
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic results JV. Very happy for you. You have now supplanted Retired_Guy for the bragging rights for AHI=0. Sooo Brag!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2015, 11:42 AM)JVinNE Wrote: Night 5, 0.0 AHI. All other stats are consistent. I should post a picture of it. Where is the best place to do that?
Hi JVinNE,
CONGRATULATIONS! on night 5 of 0.0 AHI.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought some cotton flannel and make my own pad for under my silicone mask. Just cut a nice opening for you mouth and nose of course lol.....it works great, and i just had a titration over night at the sleep clinic and it was verified the cotton flannel i used certainly didn't create any leaks, [as a matter of fact I believe it helps stop them..] I don't have to have my mask tight at all. \not like the fisrt night when the technician first fitted me, it was so tight I had a headache, puffy red face and eyes, it was horrible. It rather floats on my face now with the flannel under it--all is well. Hope this helps, or works for you . I use the ResMed air fit 10 mask, I tied nasal once and found the pressure was to direct for me. I also have high eye pressure and think from what I am learning the nasal is not the best for that...
Post Reply Post Reply
Night 6, 0.0 AHI, but I only got 6 hours and 15 mins of sleep. I had nightmares, and then I freaked out a little when my wrist pulse ox read 87 for about 10 seconds as I woke up. I hope to God that my Aircurve machine is working properly. All of the other stats are totally consistent, and I can see the mask pressure, flow, etc... Maybe I should just try to relax and not overthink this? I know that wrist pulse oximeters can sometimes read incorrectly due to constricted blood flow to the finger, etc... My head was on my left arm, where my pulse ox is.

All of this is making me more neurotic, and I'm already on an anti-anxiety prescription. I've been through a lot in the last six months, and I am stressed out from it.

I have an appointment for the DME to come to the house next week, to try out another mask; keeping the Simplus anyway. I will mention all of this machine stuff to her.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I think it would be great to just relax and enjoy where you are. You are doing great.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
In post #15, you said you were going to try a P10 or a Wisp. Have you tried them yet?
I would think that either one would feel more comfortable and not leave marks on your face.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2015, 06:36 AM)OpalRose Wrote: In post #15, you said you were going to try a P10 or a Wisp. Have you tried them yet?
I would think that either one would feel more comfortable and not leave marks on your face.

DME is scheduled to be here on Wed. Willing to try it out, but I do mouth breathe in my sleep at times. It will be a test, with Ruby chin strap.

I had 7 nights of 0.0 AHI, and last night, I had one unclassified apnea, but it was during a small leak, according to Sleepyhead.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 454 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 374 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.