Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 for five days, cool eh!
RE: 0.0 for five days, cool eh!
Ah, well. Now to start again with your streak!

I thought of you this morning when I woke up to a 0.0. I think It's my 6th 0.0 in my 1 year of CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 12:23 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Well that is five days I have had a 0.0 AHI.
All I did was to make a home made chin strap out of head gear that was sent to me bu mistake.
I used this home made chin strap before, but it kept slipping on my head during the night allowing me to open my mouth (The other half say she wishes I would keep my mouth shut, but that is another story) and for air to escape.
So what I did was to put a loop of elastic round the chin strap so as it could move up and down the chin strap.
Then I cut it at the back and put Velcro on it with a small loop so I could grab it and open it in an emergency to get the chin strap off in a hurry.
This kept it from slipping on my head and I could keep the elastic just clear of the ears but sliding up so it to just above the ears.
This stopped the chin strap from moving around, it also gave me a good anchor for the Nasal pillow head gear to loop in front of where the nasal pillow head gear went over the head.
I was sleeping on my back last night, though I started off on my side, every time I woke up I was on my back, so I expected I would be looking at 0.03 combined, but no, it was still 0.0, though the pressure had gone up from 12.6 to 13, but that was a good result.
I don't feel any different though than getting my usual 0.03 in the morning.  Just shows what a good chin strap can do to bring down your AHI.
I know the Sleep Clinic will not believe it anyway, but they can read the data card instead of just looking at the Used Hours!
They are so daft at times in there that they might think I am cured Rolleyes 
Anyway, I will not see them for at least another five years as they partly discharged me from their care.
That is why I got a ResMed10Autoset machine from them instead of the brick I had before.
I now sleep in silence (well I would if my bed partner would stop snoring) almost!
This machine is so quiet I have to check it is still running at times and the other half thinks it has stopped and sometimes gives me a nudge to make sure I am still alive.   Smile

My other half does the same thing when he listens for my machine, doesn't hear it and either gives me a nudge or comes round to my side of the bed to check on the machine - and then shakes my shoulders to wake me to see if I'm still alive.  He most often does this on a Saturday morning in the wee hours when my quality of sleep is better.  Grrrrrr.............
Post Reply Post Reply
GrammaBear

It shows he cares,
or maybe he was hoping to collect on the life insurance Laugh-a-lot

The old machines used to be a bit noisier, oh lets face it, they were noisy!
When I got this new machine it was so quiet even I used to wonder if it was still running at times.
She couldn't sleep when I first took it home and would give me a nudge every now and again, much to my annoyance, as I usually had not long fell asleep!
However, I no longer get problems with my ears popping and making a drumming noise every now and again.
The pressure is only what I require and not kept high just for the odd event that needs a quick blast of high pressure.

I see you were doing quite well with your AHIs as well.  Keep it up, I hope you have more energy and feel better for it.   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes indeed the older machines were noisy.  I have a hearing impairment and I could hear that old machine running even without a hearing aid - which I never wear while sleeping.  The old machines also had that awful bright light that kept me awake after a bathroom trip during the night.  Sure glad the new machines have made improvements.

Hope your good luck continues too.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was spoiled last night, or at least it should have been as the little monster came through and started jumping on the bed and talking to me.
The other half got up and went through to another bed, I thought the monster (my oldest sons daughter) would go through with the other half, but no she wanted to stay with me, so I tried to ignore her in the hope she would go to sleep.  However, she insisted on talking to me for most of the night, then she had to go get "Bullseye" her toy horse from Toy Story so he could sleep with us, then she went through to check her Grandmother (Who say she is far to young to be a granny) then come back to jump up on the bed and talk to me again.
I kept the mask on and the machine running all through this and I expected lots of AHIs this morning or the data to be all over the place, but no, there were no AHIs and nothing much else but a leak and it said I was snoring, no, talking when I had to Smile but the machine will only see what it thinks it sees.
I think with all that was going on it may have missed a lot, even when she vanished around 7am when her NA NAH got up.
I took the chance to get some sleep, but I felt worse for grabbing an hours sleep than I was before for not getting much.

I hope this is not going to be a trend with her or there is going to be a problem, however, her father is on a later shift tomorrow, so he will be there if she wakes up during the night.   Big Grin 

Oh I could do with a good sleep!

Everything is white outside today, more so than yesterday.
WoW!  The sun just came out.   Coffee Cool
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2018, 09:30 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: Yes indeed the older machines were noisy.  I have a hearing impairment and I could hear that old machine running even without a hearing aid - which I never wear while sleeping.  The old machines also had that awful bright light that kept me awake after a bathroom trip during the night.  Sure glad the new machines have made improvements.

Hope your good luck continues too.

Thank-you.
I might just need some luck Laugh-a-lot

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard it said that "Luck" is the residue of hard work....although I don't know if sleeping could be considered hard work.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2018, 09:41 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I have heard it said that "Luck" is the residue of hard work....although I don't know if sleeping could be considered hard work.  Smile

It is when the Little Monster comes through the night and jumps all over you and uses the bed as a trampoline and never stops talking Laugh-a-lot

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2018, 10:32 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 09:41 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I have heard it said that "Luck" is the residue of hard work....although I don't know if sleeping could be considered hard work.  Smile

It is when the Little Monster comes through the night and jumps all over you and uses the bed as a trampoline and never stops talking Laugh-a-lot

Ah, Yes, I've experienced the Little Monster also although it has been quite a while.  It is the 'talking' that can be most annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2018, 10:45 AM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 10:32 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote:

Ah, Yes, I've experienced the Little Monster also although it has been quite a while.  It is the 'talking' that can be most annoying.

Yes, you have been there and done that right enough.   Laugh-a-lot

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 216 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,242 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 151 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 149 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 256 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 471 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 371 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.