Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 for five days, cool eh!
RE: 0.0 for five days, cool eh!
(03-03-2018, 10:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I had my worst night in years last night 0.7 AHI, I am not to impressed after doing so well.   Sad 
I tightened the chin strap a bit to tight, I woke up with a pain in the chin.  So I moved it slightly, it was still on in the morning, so I have no idea what happened.  I know just as I work up air was escaping out of my mouth, so maybe they were all at the end.  I have been so busy with snow today I have not had time to look see, now I feel crap, I want to shiver, but I can't since I was in the hospital for a long stay, so I am going to have to go and pull my kilt up over my head to stay warm Laugh-a-lot Had almost nothing to eat and I think it was the little monster this week that has been nice enough to share her very bad cold.

See you in a week when I can get out of bed again I hope.
I can't get out of here either as the snow has ruts a foot deep or maybe more and now they are frozen solid!   Unsure    Rolleyes

If it is not one thing it is another Oh-jeez

It probably wouldn't feel so cold if you'd just wear something under that kilt.   Oh-jeez
You don't need to wear anything under a kilt, kilts are hot enough.
However, I don't wear one.
I am maybe Scottish and barking, but I don't wear a skirt!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a terrible night last night, I fell asleep after going to bed as I had no energy what so ever.
However, she came to her bed and disturbed me and after that I had a fight to get some sleep.
I took four powerful painkillers and two Gabbapentin to calm my nerves down, my legs were all over the place!
From midnight till 4:30AM i tossed and turned while grabbing some sleep when it would allow.
I went to the toilet at 9pm and it took me an hour and a half to summon enough energy to move!
I had no idea what hit me, but the last time I felt like this was when I has sepsis after being in hospital.
I have never put in such a night, how the wife managed to get sleep is a mystery to me, I was constantly on the move and I had a headache that made me groan every now and then.

12:1/2 hours on the cpap and 0.0, but it might not have detected them. it had a lot of leakage as I kept having to refit the nasal pillows.
It would just slip around on my head.  I was starting to loose all patience with it.
I can feel it coming on tonight again, I am not looking forward to tonight.   Rolleyes
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
S2S

Sorry to read you are feeling poorly.

Are you down with a bug or something? I have had really really bad nights last week too with the severe cold weather. I do not know if it is the same as with you but quite a lot of our houses are really old and of traditional construction with timber floor construction and big voids on the ground to air them. The violent winds of the Beast from the East has really made a nightmare of my nights despite having the heating on slightly.

I do hope you will get a better night tonight. It must be some virus or other disturbing your sleep as you have been doing so so well recently as reported with your 0 AHI.

Wishing you the best............
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just can't shake off this virus, but here is something odd to ponder.

I had an angry red face but 0.0 AHI
I also had two green smiley faces with 0.3 AHI and a total of 0.0 AHI Thinking-about

How can I have 0.3 AHI no centrals or other AHI and a total of 0.0 AHI.

Just wondering?   Thinking-about   Rolleyes

Oh I changed it to 1 day and it still read the same?

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2018, 05:44 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I just can't shake off this virus, but here is something odd to ponder.

I had an angry red face but 0.0 AHI
I also had two green smiley faces with 0.3 AHI and a total of 0.0 AHI Thinking-about

How can I have 0.3 AHI no centrals or other AHI and a total of 0.0 AHI.

Just wondering?   Thinking-about   Rolleyes

Oh I changed it to 1 day and it still read the same?

Sorry your not feeling well.  I hope that improves for you soon.

How is your leak rate?  If it is high, then yes, you can show a very low AHI reading.  When you have a high leak reading, whether from mask leakage or mouth breathing, the result is that the machine will not be able to keep up the flow.  It simply can’t treat Apnea events with a high leak rate.

That may or may not be the problem, but for better advice, post a #SleepyHead screenshot for us to look at.  The directions are below in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that, but what puzzled me is why can it say I have a 0.3 AHI then say in the total AHIs that I don't have any 0.0 AHI (even with a low leak rate?  With a green smiley face (which I find irritating) even when they are both green, but then I never liked authority!   Grin
Though lately now and again leaks have been a problem, but hopefully I should be on the mend, I always think I am then it hits me again.
I am just not happy with myself just now!   Rolleyes

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2018, 09:01 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I understand that, but what puzzled me is why can it say I have a 0.3 AHI then say in the total AHIs that I don't have any 0.0 AHI (even with a low leak rate?  With a green smiley face (which I find irritating) even when they are both green, but then I never liked authority!   Grin  
Though lately now and again leaks have been a problem, but hopefully I should be on the mend, I always think I am then it hits me again.
I am just not happy with myself just now!   Rolleyes

If your talking about what MyAir reports, I can’t begin to explain that.  

The best advice I can give is use #SleepyHead and ResScan to compare your statistics.  MyAir is ok for a quick look in the morning, but not for analyzing data.

During this time when you are not feeling well, the best approach is not to dwell on AHI numbers, but focus on sleep hygiene and healing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is just what the machine had on the display, however, last night I got two green smiling faces and a 0.0 AHI again, maybe I am on the mend, though I don't feel like it.
I was in hospital today and they said "If I were you I would go see a doctor"   Too-funny 
I thought hospitals were full of them!   Oh-jeez

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The longer I've been a patient with some of these doctors, the less I wonder why their offices are called medical practices.

Too-funny
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 12:41 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The longer I've been a patient with some of these doctors, the less I wonder why their offices are called medical practices.

Too-funny

Lolabove Dielaughing

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 157 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,237 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 147 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 143 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 249 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 471 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 371 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.