Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.0 for five days, cool eh!
Cool 
0.0 for five days, cool eh!
Well that is five days I have had a 0.0 AHI.
All I did was to make a home made chin strap out of head gear that was sent to me bu mistake.
I used this home made chin strap before, but it kept slipping on my head during the night allowing me to open my mouth (The other half say she wishes I would keep my mouth shut, but that is another story) and for air to escape.
So what I did was to put a loop of elastic round the chin strap so as it could move up and down the chin strap.
Then I cut it at the back and put Velcro on it with a small loop so I could grab it and open it in an emergency to get the chin strap off in a hurry.
This kept it from slipping on my head and I could keep the elastic just clear of the ears but sliding up so it to just above the ears.
This stopped the chin strap from moving around, it also gave me a good anchor for the Nasal pillow head gear to loop in front of where the nasal pillow head gear went over the head.
I was sleeping on my back last night, though I started off on my side, every time I woke up I was on my back, so I expected I would be looking at 0.03 combined, but no, it was still 0.0, though the pressure had gone up from 12.6 to 13, but that was a good result.
I don't feel any different though than getting my usual 0.03 in the morning.  Just shows what a good chin strap can do to bring down your AHI.
I know the Sleep Clinic will not believe it anyway, but they can read the data card instead of just looking at the Used Hours!
They are so daft at times in there that they might think I am cured Rolleyes 
Anyway, I will not see them for at least another five years as they partly discharged me from their care.
That is why I got a ResMed10Autoset machine from them instead of the brick I had before.
I now sleep in silence (well I would if my bed partner would stop snoring) almost!
This machine is so quiet I have to check it is still running at times and the other half thinks it has stopped and sometimes gives me a nudge to make sure I am still alive.   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 0.0 for five days, cool eh!
Awesome! Way to go! That's great you 1) got a good machine from your Sleep Clinic, and 2) found a solution for yourself! Sounds like you're already getting good numbers; but a 0.0 is a nice # to see, especially so many days in a row!
Post Reply Post Reply
Very cool.
I've been "fighting" 0.5 to 2.0 for the last couple of months since I've been heavily congested following a couple of battles with the flu and cold symptoms.
Prior to that, my typical nights were below 0.5 with many at 0.0... and many of the 0.2 nights were due to false-positives on CA events in the morning.

But even my sleep studies were low, I had to run 3 nights to get numbers "bad enough" to justify treatment. My main reason for seeking treatment was my roof-rattling snoring and accompanying hearing damage.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleep2Snore,
cONGRATULATIONS! on your 5 0 nights.
It's great you found a chinstrap that really works, well done.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Congrats on the consecutive score.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 12:23 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Well that is five days I have had a 0.0 AHI...

I hope you don't forget to plug it in again tonight!
Dielaughing

No, really, I'm not jealous; I'm very happy for you, both for your extremely low numbers, as well as for having fabricated a functional chin strap. I've just now been researching how to do the same, so your post is doubly inspirational; thanks for sharing!
Post Reply Post Reply
What a show off. like
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 09:02 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:23 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Well that is five days I have had a 0.0 AHI...

I hope you don't forget to plug it in again tonight!
Dielaughing
THAT'S the response that I expected from SarcasticDave Lolabove
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, he beat me to it while I was on coffee break.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My run of luck ran out last night, I woke to a 0.1 this morning, I think due to the other half knocking the mask while she was tossing and turning in the bed.  I did hear a voice say sorry during the night but just dismissed it, but the chin strap and nasal pillows had been knocked slightly and whatever happened after that ruined it!!!   Rolleyes Oh-jeez 

Ah well, it couldn't last could it. Dont-know
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 904 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,093 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 502 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.