Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.00 AHI But I Don't Believe It
0.00 AHI But I Don't Believe It
Please find attached my imageshack pic of last nights results.

The reason I am querying it is that i was in the sleep/wake stage for about 30 minutes at the end of the night yet there is no SWJ.

Is my machine reading things properly? it's brand new and I did up the min pressure by .5 the other day. I've also had quite a few nights well below 1.0

What do you think?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1143x6...lPGDVc.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 0.00 AHI But I Don't Believe It
Congratulations! I've had a few 0.0 over a period of three years, but not very often. Your machine is still tracking pressure and leaks right to the end, so there's nothing to suggest a problem with it (it is recording RERAs throughout the night). And sleep-wake junk doesn't always happen, so I think this is a genuine milestone.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like it's working just fine. You can see where the pressure rose in response to FL and stayed up a little while due to snores.

I've had five 0.0 AHI's the past couple years, but only one where the happy face was completely yellow....no FL, no RERAs, no Snores.

Enjoy, it's a good feeling! Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on the great night. I've had a few, but they are few and far between.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Put it in a frame...it's a real deal. Don't be too disappointed when it isn't repeated regularly. It looks like you may have found that magic combination that works. Good work.

[Image: lPGDVc.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe it. Claim it. Congrats. Now get the next one!
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
holden4th,

I used to get a lot of sleep/wake junk but over the years I no longer get that very much. I can just lay in bed and slip in and out of sleep and get no apneas. I do not know why this has changed but I suspect that it is due to the fact that I relax more and my breathing is more regular. Maybe it is getting to the point where I trust the machine completely. Whatever. the point is that I got there for some reason after a prolonged "get acquainted" period and that is when I started getting occasional AHI=0 nights.

Early in my tenure on Apnea Board there were several members that reported significant numbers of AHI=0 nights. One thing that I noticed about their charts was that their flow rate was very regular and did not have spikes and valleys all through the night. My flow rate charts have gotten more like that and when I have a zero night, the flow rate chart is very consistent and regular for the whole night.

My Resmed S9 does not report RERAs so I can't comment on that.

Great job. Keep up the good work

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Twelve days I have taken my new Dreamstation to have my first 0.0 AHI, due to the first adjustments made, now go around 0.8, 1.2 AHI every night and sleeping almost eight hours a day, events that did not happen in years.

Before I had no option to know my progress, as Social Security in Spain provides basic CPAP without data, never APAP.

I'm so happy that next December I'm going to Phoenix and I'll buy a spare one just in case it breaks down. In Europe there are almost no DreamStations, it may be due to approval permits or unknown business tactics
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi holden4th,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 0.0 AHI, Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you folks for your encouragement. Yes, I do trust the machine and am very comfortable about my therapy so maybe the SWJ is on the way out.

Last night was 0.38 but with a 3.64 RERA. Maybe I celebrated the 0.00 a little hard. Glad to know that my therapy is working for me.

I'm going travelling with the machine in a couple of weeks and will be interested to see how that works out. It's road trip and where I would usually camp I've opted for covered accommodation just so I can keep my therapy going.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.