Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.00 AHI But I Don't Believe It
RE: 0.00 AHI But I Don't Believe It
I have been on ASV for 2 1/2 years now and I am lucky that I get 0.0 several times a week. The highest I have had lately was 1.0 about 3 weeks ago.

Keep with it-- they will comeSleep-wellSleep-well

jack
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a 2 week stretch of those, early on... I was sure the machine was broken, kept waiting for a day with a non-zero. Was I ever relieved when I had a 1.2 AHI night! ROFL.

It happens. I don't get them as often now, probably because I side sleep more now than I did when I first got the machine. And I've never had a 2 week stretch since.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get "0" nights fairly frequently, but when I don't I am virtually always below 1.0 so I think the zeroes are just random events that are more likely to occur the lower your "usual" AHI figure is.

In spite of the low AHI numbers, which I got pretty well from the start of therapy, my health declined while on APAP and an overnight oxymetry showed that my O2 levels were still going down to 80% a good part of the night. In my case 3 litres a minute of oxygen were added in and then I started to get better.

If you think your APAP machine is noisy try sleeping next to an oxygen concentrator.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.