Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0.00 AHI but graphs look weird
RE: 0.00 AHI but graphs look weird
Update: We are using a new SD card now, so if that was the problem, it should be resolved.

After downloading the Encore Basic software, I am more confused than ever. For instance, on the 28th (Sleepyhead graphs on first post of this thread), it shows that while he used the machine for 5 hours and 40 minutes, only 34 of those minutes counted because the rest of the time there was no breathing detected. [Image: Basic%2011-28-15.jpg]

There have been several days like that. Encore shows 100% of days with usage, but only 76.5% of days with >=4 hours of use, although he has used the machine for at least 5 hours a night, every night but one, during that period.

During those times when no breathing is detected, does that mean he was breathing through his mouth? Huh Maybe the nasal pillows were not making good enough contact with his nose to register his breathing? The machine is set to turn off automatically when he takes the mask off, but the data shows he was using it at least 5 hours each night so it wasn't turning off.

On most of the days where this was happening, he was using Aloha Nasal Pillows. He has switched back to the DreamWeaver Elan because we get better results with that. He also has the Dreamwear Nasal mask but it seems like he registers more snoring events with that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
After looking at Encore, I have to agree with previous poster, AshFS, the SD card may be corrupt.
Encore is showing the same spotty waveform graphs as SH.

I would replace the SD card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They just replaced the SD card and the results are above.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps there is an error in the machine that causes it not to write correct data to the card. Has this machine ever produced data? If it is not even producing compliance data, I would request a replacement. Is any information available on the Info screen that indicates AHI or hours of use or compliance?

I notice in the data above that the machine either detects large leak or no breathing is detected. What do you notice at the mask? Is there pressure, flow? Are there leaks anywhere else in the system?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"During those times when no breathing is detected, does that mean he was breathing through his mouth? Huh Maybe the nasal pillows were not making good enough contact with his nose to register his breathing? The machine is set to turn off automatically when he takes the mask off, but the data shows he was using it at least 5 hours each night so it wasn't turning off."

Just throwing a question out there......
If he pulls the mask off and the machine didn't turn off, could that be the reason the machine still reports hours, but doesn't detect breathing?
. Sometimes that
Auto on/off feature doesn't work with all masks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 03:50 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
Just throwing a question out there......
If he pulls the mask off and the machine didn't turn off, could that be the reason the machine still reports hours, but doesn't detect breathing?
. Sometimes that
Auto on/off feature doesn't work with all masks.

When he takes the mask off, the machine does turn off after a couple seconds.

Sleeprider, yes, it has produced data. There's just a day here and there that shows no breathing. I think it has something to do with the mask. Every time this has happened, he was wearing the Aloha mask. He's not going to use that one anymore! I don't know, maybe it and the machine don't play well together! The machine does show compliance data like I said, 100% use compliance but only 76.5% of days with >=4 hours of use even though he uses it a minimum of 5 hours every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing the auto off should NOT turn the machine off in a couple of seconds
More like 30 to 60 seconds at a bare min.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say hes suddenly mouth breathing or leaking so bad your gettind "patient machine disconnect"

That is a condition the Pr 560 cannot get rnough flow data due to a huge leak to even detect breathing.
The only other way I csn see that happrning is turning off the auto off function taking the mask off and just letting the machine run.
But om betting it is sudden out of this world leak,
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 02:18 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: One thing the auto off should NOT turn the machine off in a couple of seconds
More like 30 to 60 seconds at a bare min.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say hes suddenly mouth breathing or leaking so bad your gettind "patient machine disconnect"

That is a condition the Pr 560 cannot get rnough flow data due to a huge leak to even detect breathing.
The only other way I csn see that happrning is turning off the auto off function taking the mask off and just letting the machine run.
But om betting it is sudden out of this world leak,

Thanks Ghost1958. I do believe that he is mouth breathing or pulling the mask out of place. I woke up one night and he had his chin strap over his mouth and the mask was sitting on top of his eyes! He doesn't have as much trouble with the Elan mask, so we are going to stick with that for awhile. The reason we switched from the Elan to the Aloha in the first place was because he said the Elan was making the end of his nose sore. There was no redness or anything, but he said it was uncomfortable to touch. I bought some of the lanolin cream and that seems to be helping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,660 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 290 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 27 1,483 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.