Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recorded my first 0.0 AHI last night. But I'm skeptical. Don't feel any different that when I had a .38 the previous night. And it seems like it would be almost impossible to have a perfect AHI.

I've been on CPAP now since early June. My sleep study AHI was 37. My first CPAP machine gave me scores consistently below 5 and a pressure of 8. After a month I talked by doctor into letting me switch to the ResMed S9 Autoset. At the same time they reduced my pressure to 6. Now virtually all my AHIs are less than 1. Don't know if it's the way the S9 record data or if the change in pressure makes that much difference.

Whatever the case, I pretty much hooked now and I probably couldn't go to sleep now without my CPAP.

Still, 0.0 hardly seems possible.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 0.0
AHI of 0.0 is possible. We've had several members report that kind of thing, but not on a continuing basis, night after night. As far as how you feel, even your AHI of 0.38 the night before is pretty low - I'd kill to have those kinds of numbers... I doubt you'd be able to tell much difference (as far as your daytime sleepiness/tiredness, etc.) between an AHI of 0.38 and an AHI of 0.0.

That said, if it's still at 0.0 for several days, I'd start to think that there's something wrong with the machine.

But one or two nights a week with an 0.0 AHI is indeed possible - not likely, but possible.

After a couple of more nights, let us know what happens to the AHI!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes its achievable, not a fluke. I had AHI 0.0 number of times
Congrats ... treats yourself to something nice and celebrate ... make hay while the sun shines
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Back to .36 last night.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.