Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

+0.5 blast of air
RE: +0.5 blast of air
Philips Respironics CPAP (not pro or Auto),
Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP (not elite or autoset)
Resmed AirStart 10 CPAP or Auto
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim, all the above models do not differentate between central or obstructive apnea, and therefore do not use pulse or FOT. The Resmed models still can optionally use EPR (exhale pressure relief), and the Philips use CFlex. The AirStart is the only ones that provide an auto CPAP capability without the FOT or pulse, and they are dirt cheap.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jimboiii ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with finding a CPAP machine that works the way you want it to and also, with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2016, 05:30 PM)Jimboiii Wrote: I was issued the wrong machine because not all CPAPs are programmed to behave in this fashion. Can you or anyone on this forum help me identify which CPAPs do not behave in this fashion and which ones do?

Thanks again,
jim

Jim,

I do not feel any pressure pulse with the ResMed AutoSet A10 I am using at 12-15.6 with a "nasal" mask. And, the machine is fully data capable. I looked for a pressure pulse with #sleepyhead and did not find one at the highest data resolution

However, I was wondering if the issue isn't being exacerbated by your nasal pillows and that a mask switch might work with the present machine? Perhaps one with more of an opening to avoid the "jet effect?"
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2016, 09:12 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Jim,

I do not feel any pressure pulse with the ResMed AutoSet A10 I am using at 12-15.6 with a "nasal" mask. And, the machine is fully data capable. I looked for a pressure pulse with [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] and did not find one at the highest data resolution

However, I was wondering if the issue isn't being exacerbated by your nasal pillows and that a mask switch might work with the present machine? Perhaps one with more of an opening to avoid the "jet effect?"

Thanks, sr, I have wondered the same thing myself: if I wore a mask, the pulse may dissipate against my face VS being shot straight up my nose like it is with the nasal pillows. The one and only time I tried out a mask, I could not breathe - unable to draw or expel air - I even drilled holes in the mask to facilitate breathing and still couldn't get air into or out of my lungs wearing the mask, so I stayed with the nasal pillows. Pretty strange, huh?

-jim

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2016, 10:31 PM)Jimboiii Wrote: Thanks, sr, I have wondered the same thing myself: if I wore a mask, the pulse may dissipate against my face VS being shot straight up my nose like it is with the nasal pillows. The one and only time I tried out a mask, I could not breathe - unable to draw or expel air - I even drilled holes in the mask to facilitate breathing and still couldn't get air into or out of my lungs wearing the mask, so I stayed with the nasal pillows. Pretty strange, huh?

-jim

Jim, that's not strange at all, it is fairly common at lower pressures where you feel starved for air. Anything under 7, and it seems like I have to work at breathing. I am now using ResMed's EPR (expiratory pressure relief) feature and found my AHI dropped 3 points on average. I guess we all have to experiment until we find something that works for us.

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arctic blast desaturator 17 1,348 01-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Face Blast! maelstrom07 11 1,144 11-26-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: maelstrom07
  Continuous Blast of Air drzarkov 4 1,657 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: drzarkov
  [Equipment] Cold Air Blast gobsmacked 5 2,028 02-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Last Post: woozie38

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.