eseedhouse Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

Sex: Male

RE: '0' AHI - "Is machine broken"?
(05-31-2016 08:41 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  Pressure can increase due to flow limitations and snores. I don't think GrammaBear has these flags enabled on her events graph, but could be occurring and cause pressure increase...but since those events aren't counted, that still equals an AHI of 0.

I have had an AHI of 0, but still recorded Flow Limitations.

I think you are right. I pretty well always have an AHI <1, but the pressure does vary, and if I look at the flow limitations graph there is a very strong correlation there. Last night I was at 0.12 with a single 10 second OA, the night before I was 0, but both graphs show the pressure varying and when the flow limitation goes up so does the pressure and vice versa.

Similarly I can see peaks in the pressure at the same time as significant snores occur.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
05-31-2016 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Asjb Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave ASV. Before 11/2015 Airsense 10 Auto
Mask Make & Model: FP Simplus & Remzzzs liner
Humidifier: Integral
CPAP Pressure: Current info in this post
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(05-31-2016 01:02 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I don't read the SD card in my machine daily, but this morning I did put it in the card reader. The results confuse me because the AHI said it was '0'. I've been on cpap machine for 7 years and never had that number. I'm worried if something is wrong with my machine??

Hello GrammaBear - have to say it looks really real to me. Congratulations! (What is it about that Smiley Face that cheers us, adults, so much?)

I've only ever had I think 6 Smiley zeros in 18 months, and that's only with using my super-efficient ASV machine since November.

Only thing to suggest if you still have doubts - I see from your screenshot that you are using an 'older' Sleepyhead version 0.9.8-1. You could try downloading the latest SH version and rebuild your data and see what that says. But if I were you I would just celebrate your result.
................................................................................​...............
All my opinions are only as an xPAP user trying to help other xPAP users.
No suggestions I may make should be taken as professional advice.
If you have medical concerns please consult a doctor

My current pressures: Auto-ASV. EPAP 10-13. PS 3-10
06-01-2016 04:38 AM
becker44a Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm

Other Comments:

(05-31-2016 01:02 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I don't read the SD card in my machine daily, but this morning I did put it in the card reader. The results confuse me because the AHI said it was '0'. I've been on cpap machine for 7 years and never had that number. I'm worried if something is wrong with my machine??

Hi GrammaBear,
I also have an S9 Autoset, which I have been using for a little over 2 years. I have had a few nights with AHI of 0. After reading some posts here that the S9 series seems to have an issue with getting "stuck" on zeros, I now disconnect the machine from the power brick whenever I record a zero, and plug it back in when I am ready to go to bed again. So far, this has successfully avoided the repeating zeros problem.

Congratulations on your zero ! ! ! Amazing
Good luck,

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 12:18 PM by becker44a.)
06-01-2016 12:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

Update: My numbers are back to normal (whatever that may be) as last night ahi was 0.5 with 2 OA events at 10 sec each and 2 OA events at 19 sec each and 1 hypopnea at 19 sec. It was nice to have one smiley face after 7 years on cpap.
06-01-2016 01:05 PM
sonicboom Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10, Dreamwear
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 4.6-7.6

Other Comments:

Congrats Gramma Bear! There are two ways to verify a 0 AHI night. First, check the machine readout and ResScan. Second, enable flow limitations events flags in SH - UF1 and UF2. These don't qualify as events because of shorter then 10 second duration so don't get recorded as AHI but if they appear then you know your machine is most likely working correctly and your 0 is legit. If you enable them now and then restart SH you will be able to see if you had any UF1 or UF2 "events" during your 0 nights which would make your 0 absolutely legit.

Coffee
06-06-2016 01:23 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Rcgop Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 autoset
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: installed
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 - 10.0 / EPR 2

Other Comments:

I too had a 0 AHI. Nothing was wrong on mine. Just had a good night. As was said earlier, it's not the numbers as much as how you feel. Some of my best nights produce worse numbers.

HuhDont-knowI am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
06-06-2016 06:58 AM
0rangebear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSence 10
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: HumidAire (Built-in)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 12.8-15 EPR 3 (cmH2O)

Other Comments: Ramp off

Look at your 7 day average on your machine. Are you registered with Res Med My air? The seven day average would be there also.

A zero on any one day just means you therapy is working well Sleep-on-pillow

A seven day average of zero should be investigated

(05-31-2016 04:05 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(05-31-2016 03:56 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:  I have 0 AHI maybe half of my nights. But it's no big deal - what counts is how you feel!

Did you automatically 'know' everything was OK the first time it happened to you? For me, it is a shock because nothing like this has ever, ever happened to me. My machine is a 'gently used' machine purchased after my prior machine had to be replaced because the bearings went out on the motor. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have something good, just afraid because I didn't know what happened.

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
06-06-2016 11:36 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

I will hit 0 several times a night for extended periods, but usually start out with a higher number (around 5-6) as I start out sleeping on my back. My 7 day average sits in the low 2s. I can live with it and I usually feel great during the day.

Homer
06-06-2016 07:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 12 1,125 11-07-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: Insomniac II
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,122 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  How I Repaired Broken Nasal Strap... player 6 421 07-27-2016 01:48 AM
Last Post: player
  Another F&P Question: Quick Disconnect or broken? 8-) Terry 0 269 02-01-2016 04:34 PM
Last Post: Terry
Gross [Equipment] Strangled. ResMed S9 Elite Broken? Restarts Over and Over. wirewalker 9 1,079 11-02-2015 01:37 PM
Last Post: wirewalker
Question Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken? Ailu 22 3,673 10-28-2015 08:52 AM
Last Post: Snowbird47
  S9 broken? Roemere 23 2,549 08-04-2015 04:30 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse