Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

0 AHI, o2 still dropping.
RE: 0 AHI, o2 still dropping.
Tcp84,

Keep in mind that the AHI of 0-0.5 is your treated apnea while using your APAP machine.  The previous AHI of ~5.8 was untreated during the test.
So it appears to be working for you.  Maybe just a little tweaking to your settings as Sleeprider had suggested

Those quick drops in SpO2 are usually nothing to worry about and are typically normal.  Might just be you moving about or bumping the sensor in your sleep.  If they drop below 90 and stay there for a while then you should discuss it with your Dr.  See what they look like over a few days time.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2022, 11:50 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: You weren't misdiagnosed, you were diagnosed at the very low edge of mild sleep apnea.

The generally accepted classificaion is:
AHI:
 5-15, Mild
 15-30, Moderate
 > 30, Severe

I believe you are desperate to solve your night time panic attacks, including pursuing avenues that aren't the cause and seeing patterns that aren't there. 

A little more pressure and perhaps higher EPR would likely clean up your flow limits, but I don't think that will help with your panic attacks. At least not immediately. I'm not suggesting you abandon CPAP, at 37 with a mild diagnosis there's a good chance Apnea will worsen as you get older. I don't know what minge was at 37, but i can say with confidence it was a lot less than when I was diagosed. (59 AHI)

It takes a while to get used to sleeping with it, and that may go a long way to better sleep.

But, there likely is no perfect pressure setting that will solve your panic attack problems. 

Continue to try to optimise your pressure, continue getting used to your machine, but persue other causes including CBT, good sleep hygiene and other medical causes.

(05-11-2022, 11:51 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Tcp84,

Keep in mind that the AHI of 0-0.5 is your treated apnea while using your APAP machine.  The previous AHI of ~5.8 was untreated during the test.
So it appears to be working for you.  Maybe just a little tweaking to your settings as Sleeprider had suggested

Those quick drops in SpO2 are usually nothing to worry about and are typically normal.  Might just be you moving about or bumping the sensor in your sleep.  If they drop below 90 and stay there for a while then you should discuss it with your Dr.  See what they look like over a few days time.

Ok ill try out these new settings tonight and see. And yes, I am desperate to get rid of the attacks. Not even afraid of them anymore, just so very tired of them. I'll keep monitoring with the o2 tracker and take it one night at a time, I guess. Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so I finally got a glimpse of what happens before those panic attacks. Looks like not much. A couple of drops in o2 but that seems to happen before. You can see at the end of the graph where my HR starts to go up. That's where I woke up and ripped everything off, including the o2 ring for whatever reason lol. HR got up up around 160 after that. Are those drops in o2 anything to be concerned about? They seemed very brief.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sensors can be off. I used to wear O2 sensor at night, and I freaked out when I saw that my O2 drop when I got up to walk to the bathroom, but I've read that when you move, the O2 reading is inaccurate, and it does drop. Also, my sleep doc told me that there can be artifacts in the data that's just noise. The ones that's sudden dips.

I recommend try recording yourself sleep, and note the time when you get panic attacks and look at the recording to figure out what maybe going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sudden sharp dips and recovery in 02 graphs is consistent with the sensor being siconnected.

Our O2 simply doesn't drop and recover that abruptly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Occasionally if I head to the bathroom in the early hours and proceed to relieve myself, my O2Ring just shows  (-- ) bars or very weak pulse bar. I think I saw a post somewhere that mentioned dizziness under similar circumstances. Did some Googling and I think the link below may account for the O2Ring not reading at times and although it doesn't make mention of O2 when it occurs, if the blood vessels dilate there may be less of a concentration blood oxygen and pulse strength where the measurement is taken.

https://www.healthline.com/health/micturition-syncope
Post Reply Post Reply
Tcp84.......

Don't want to alarm you or make you anxious, but just something to consider...........

Curious if you've ever noticed any episodes during the day that you may have had palpitations in your chest, a perceived irregularity of your heartbeat? Probably not so much that it causes alarm, but enough to know its there. The article below is about atrial fibrillation. May account for a high pulse rate and how you feel when awakened at night.

https://www.kardia.com/blog/articles/afi...ry-health/

Every once in a while during the day I have palpitations I can feel which is an Afib occurring. An added beat to what is usually just one. May last a few minutes, just long enough to get a quick snapshot of what's happening. My PCP isn't concerned as it doesn't occur very frequently, but recommends keeping a watchful eye on it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2022, 08:21 PM)StratCat48 Wrote: Tcp84.......

Don't want to alarm you or make you anxious, but just something to consider...........

Curious if you've ever noticed any episodes during the day that you may have had palpitations in your chest, a perceived irregularity of your heartbeat? Probably not so much that it causes alarm, but enough to know its there. The article below is about atrial fibrillation. May account for a high pulse rate and how you feel when awakened at night.

https://www.kardia.com/blog/articles/afi...ry-health/

Every once in a while during the day I have palpitations I can feel which is an Afib occurring. An added beat to what is usually just one. May last a few minutes, just long enough to get a quick snapshot of what's happening. My PCP isn't concerned as it doesn't occur very frequently, but recommends keeping a watchful eye on it.
[quote pid='445152' dateline='1652491275']
Nah, nothing like that during the day at all. Most I get are occasional PVCs. Been to a few docs already, had EKGs/ECGs/Chest Xrays done, they all say i'm fine. If you guys say my o2 doesn't look bad in those charts, i'll just chalk it up to bottled up anxiety or something and hope they'll eventually go away. The attacks only ever happen at night and if they happen, its only once a night. No dizziness or anything really concerning about them. I'm not having them every single night like I used to, so I must be getting better in some way lol. Thank you guys again so much. I'll keep CPAPin' and monitoring my o2 from time to time to see if anything crazy pops up.
[/quote]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brain fog, lack of energy -- why did dropping my EPR make such a difference? Albigensian 60 8,438 03-06-2022, 10:15 PM
Last Post: lightwolf1
  AHI dropping a bit since tweaking pressure: Phaleronic 1 531 01-12-2022, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Would increasing pressure help compensate for dropping oxygen ? DaveCar 10 1,174 01-09-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Geer1
Sad Oxygen dropping when falling asleep Stephenie.welch 3 1,011 09-22-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  O2 levels dropping; problem with machine? hegel 3 1,222 05-02-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  High flow rate? - another unwell feeling, O2 dropping and quit breathing MyronH 18 3,009 06-18-2018, 09:03 AM
Last Post: MyronH
  Is it worth dropping pressure to get over leaks rich2905 19 4,459 11-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.