Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New but not new
RE: New but not new
(02-11-2015, 05:58 PM)clrapstad Wrote: airsense 10 autoset for her that on has data correct?

yes. that is definitely the one to get Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine you have requested "Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her" is the top of the line machine. It has all the bells and whistles and is fully data capable. Make sure you get this one and not settle for anything else in the range. The ones you DO NOT want are:
1) Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP
2) Resmed Airsense 10 Elite
3) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

the one that you DO want is
"Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her"

Remember that the DME gets paid the same amount of money from insurance for all of these SO be firm on what you want.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I received my machine yesterday it is the Resmed 10 autoset for her with the ClimateLine Tubing and the AutoFit F10 Face Mask.

I am incredibly grateful I found you folks before I had my sleep study and got my machine. A friend of mine just went through this and she didn't get the same machine I did.

So they knew I knew about the machines, what my insurance would cover and had looked up how the machine operates. I actually knew a few things the resp therapist that set me up didn't.

Did not get sleepyhead set up yet. I have an account but seems like it wants the data card so I will look more into that later.

The machine recommend Resmed MyAir and that looks like it just gives basic information but I scored 96 out of 100 for first night useage. I used the machine for 8 hours and had good seal, only 2.8 AHI with the machine my only ding was I removed the mask 4 times and 3 times was because I forgot something at the start of the night.

I slept fairly well the ramp feature and the Expiratory Pressure Relief on the machine was awesome. With my asthma I air trap so it letting off some pressure as I exhale was helpful.

I actually think this may help my lung function during the day. I could when I woke up one time feel my lungs physically moving more than usual. Kinda weird feeling.

My humidity is set at 4 but I wonder if I need to turn it up a tad, but the tank was almost empty at 4 so if I bump it to 5 we will see. Montana is kinda dry right now.

Thank you all for your help I really believe this will make the journey easier.
Cindy lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
clrapstad,
Glad you got the machine that you wanted. It takes time to adapt, but it sounds like you are off to a good start.
Once you download Sleepyhead, you will be able to see and understand so much more.
I also use the AFLEX feature (same as EPR on your machine) and its does help when you exhale.
Check back with your progress. Good luck!
:grin:
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2015, 10:30 AM)clrapstad Wrote: I received my machine yesterday it is the Resmed 10 autoset for her with the ClimateLine Tubing and the AutoFit F10 Face Mask.

I am incredibly grateful I found you folks before I had my sleep study and got my machine. A friend of mine just went through this and she didn't get the same machine I did.

So they knew I knew about the machines, what my insurance would cover and had looked up how the machine operates. I actually knew a few things the resp therapist that set me up didn't.

Did not get sleepyhead set up yet. I have an account but seems like it wants the data card so I will look more into that later.

The machine recommend Resmed MyAir and that looks like it just gives basic information but I scored 96 out of 100 for first night useage. I used the machine for 8 hours and had good seal, only 2.8 AHI with the machine my only ding was I removed the mask 4 times and 3 times was because I forgot something at the start of the night.

I slept fairly well the ramp feature and the Expiratory Pressure Relief on the machine was awesome. With my asthma I air trap so it letting off some pressure as I exhale was helpful.

I actually think this may help my lung function during the day. I could when I woke up one time feel my lungs physically moving more than usual. Kinda weird feeling.

My humidity is set at 4 but I wonder if I need to turn it up a tad, but the tank was almost empty at 4 so if I bump it to 5 we will see. Montana is kinda dry right now.

Thank you all for your help I really believe this will make the journey easier.
Hi clrapstad,
Sounds like you are off to a good start.
CONGRATULATIONS! on getting the machine you wanted, hope you like it, keep up the good work.
I look forward to hearing how things go as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Doing well with my cpap machine and mask. Wearing it full nights, not much leakage other than when I smash my face into the pillow.
My AHI's are bouncing between 2 and 9 but I think some of it is when I am having asthma issues and last night I felt like I am getting a cold/virus.
My pressure is set to 6-8 and once I ramp up it seems to stay at 8 so I am wondering if they will bump the pressure up a bit.
I loaded Sleepyhead and the Resmed software and it is interesting. No night is the same as far as events, RERA's, Apneas, Hypopneas and thankfully only one CA.
I have appt with the pulmonologist tomorrow and a spirometry for my asthma but I don't think it will be good because I am getting sick and that always tanks my lung function.
I am starting to get over some of the horrible sleepyness in the middle of the day.
I am so thankful for this forum.

Cindy lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cindy,

Great you're doing well, not so great you're feeling crummy.

Yes, I think you're right that a small increase in your pressure would be in order. Perhaps to 10.

Hopefully you will discover, as I have on a few occasions, that your cpap will keep your lungs doing better even when your cute little body thinks it has a cold.

Post Reply Post Reply
yeah if you are slamming up to 8 and staying there, you'll do a bit better if you raise the maximum pressure up, and 10 is not a bad jump on the upper end. Depending on what you find, you might also adjust your min pressure up by 0.5 cmH2O increments, but for the starting (min) pressure, it is important to take it slow, maybe taking a 0.5 cm step every 5 to 7 days.

But, for now, I would raise the upper limit to 10.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.