Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 Year Anniversary!
1 Year Anniversary!
Yesterday was my one year anniversary on CPAP, so 365 consecutive days of use. My scores are all great with AHI's usually less than 1.0 and very low leak rates, but I can't really say that I've experienced any significant benefits as far as alertness, memory gain, increased dream activity, etc that others often speak of. But, viewing the software results and also my pulse oxi results, I'm confident that I'm living a healthier life now than before I started using CPAP so I'll continue using it. The good thing too is I must finally be getting used to masking up at night because most of the past year I would wake up 1 or 2 times a night but more recently, I'm sleeping soundly throughout the entire night.Sleep-well
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 Year Anniversary!
(10-01-2012, 06:07 AM)b360155 Wrote: Yesterday was my one year anniversary on CPAP.....

Congratulations b36....

The issue many of us (myself included) face is the long term.... and how to adjust to the open ended 'sentence' we have been given... Looking forward to - and celebrating - the milestones can be a big help with that...

Cheers

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your first year. I've been on CPAP for over 10 years now. I'm still sleepy at work. I can' remember s**t. But I haven't fallen asleep behind the wheel. Most important, they haven't written my obituary yet.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations b360! You are an inspiration (pardon the "pun") for the rest of us to keep going. Glad you are doing so well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi b360155, HAPPY CPAP ANNIVERSARY! It's great to hear that you are doing so well with the therapy, even though you say you don't notice a lot of the things most people mention here. Just getting much better sleep is something to take note of, a milestone within itself. CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
b,

Maybe put a little bourbon in the humidifier tonight to celebrate?

Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been nearly 2 two years .. don,t feel like twenty years old or running a marathon first thing in the morning and don,t feel as if ran one either
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXpICsycaN3fe2KoGjccv...jvWHjTaFRu]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2012, 03:54 PM)jdireton Wrote: Maybe put a little bourbon in the humidifier tonight to celebrate?

Hmmm. How to encourage compliance. Just thinking out loud here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, bongs do use water....
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2012, 08:58 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Well, bongs do use water....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJuREVZpddn-Lz5boDsHw...1Sa1aUjkkA]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 306 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 800 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 575 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
  Help for my 8 year old! Teeleidor 7 729 08-14-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [Diagnosis] Question About OSA Diagnosis Criteria for 14-Year-Olds Dire 2 501 08-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.