Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 night off of cpap.....feel great!
1 night off of cpap.....feel great!
After 3 weeks of therapy waking up multiple times a night and feeling awful all day despite good numbers, I figured I would give it a try. I tossed the mask to the side last night and slept like a baby! unfortunately I have to show compliance for my job, but that 1 night was pretty awesome! any other newbies get a cheat night in now and then?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 night off of cpap.....feel great!
I try once in awhile. I always wake up feeling groggy, tired and with a major headache. Rarely do I ever have a wholesome sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't let that deter you from resuming the therapy or have doubts about its efficacy. I'm sure you realize there is considerable difference between being awakened due to being uncomfortable with the equipment as opposed to being awakened due to being stressed for O2. You may eventually be able to accept the imposition of the equipment and therapy but your body will likely have a hard time ignoring the continual O2 stressing you will experience without the therapy.

Enjoy a day without it now and then and look forward to the day when that isn't much different than a typical night with the therapy.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Duece as I recall you had mild OSA in your test. I think you're stuck with the therapy for now, but it isn't out of the question that you could retest at some point and get this off your back. Keep in good physical condition, and consider seeing a ENT to see if there is a correctable upper airway, (nasal, soft palate, throat) solution that could remove the need for CPAP. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good points. I have a sinus surgery scheduled next week, so hopefully that will help. To be honest, I wanted to fell bad this morning to know the cpap is doing its job, but I didn't. I am dedicated to therapy for now (whether I like it or not). I know patience is an important part of this.

Regardless, the advisory members on this board have been a tremendous help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think one of the major cause of being awoke on cpap is lip leak. I wear the chin strap but still get a small leak that wakes me up throughout the night. I tried a FFM with limited success so I would like to stick with the dreamwear nasal mask if possible. Any other ways to limit lip leak besides chin strap?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try a mask liner with your nasal mask. That might do the trick for stopping the lip leak.

Also pay attention to where the exhaust flow is going. If it hits the covers and bounces back towards your face, that too can feel like a lip leak. The fix for that is to cover the lips. I use a hanky when the exhaust flow from my Swift FX nasal pillows mask is bouncing off the covers and back at my mouth.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 761 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,066 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 834 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 841 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  First night on CPAP. OSCAR feedback? brainfoggysleeper 7 321 02-24-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.