Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 week in, questions about A10 Auto
1 week in, questions about A10 Auto
Hi folks, hi trish6hundred,

I'm 1 week into therapy after perhaps 10 years of undiagnosed apnea. So far it's working ok-- I'm getting ~8hrs of use a night and supposedly AHI is down to ~2 (from something like 35), but I do wake up fully in the middle of the night more often now due to the pressure or discomfort.

One suspicious thing has happened though. On night two, I woke up in the middle of the night when the pressure was 8 but heading down. I stopped the machine and came back to bed after 10 minutes. When I turned the machine back on, it started out at 14 (the max), and I lay awake struggling with the pressure as it decayed back down to 6.5 over the next hour and a half. I don't remember for how much of that 1.5 hours I was awake, but it was a long time. (Seems ridiculous that sleep disorder therapy doesn't measure sleep!)

Second problem is one morning when I stopped the machine, it reported an SD card error. I popped it out, verified it was unlocked, popped it back in, and slept for two more hours. The second time I turned it off, there was no SD problem. Interestingly, the SD card recorded that I used the device for 8 hours, even though there was only data for the last 2 hours.

Anyway, just throwing it out there in case anyone else has had a problem with an AirSense10 AutoSet.

Elron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 week in, questions about A10 Auto
For the first problem, I have no clue. Never seen that problem and never heard about it before. I have an S9 so no actual experience with your machine.

Second problem. Are you sure that the SD card error did not come up the last time that you re-installed the card? I get an error at times when reinstalling the card. In fact, this morning, I had to reinstall the card 2 or 3 times before the error went away. Didn't hold my mouth just right, I guess.

My first thought was that you got the error when you installed the card and did not notice it until you took the card out in the morning and then when you re-installed it, it went in right and so no error.

Just my thinking.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi elron,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you unlock your SD card, then from that point you will get "detailed" data, but the machine will also write the "less detailed" data for the session during which the card was locked, as soon as you insert a card that is not locked.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
as to the issue of the machine starting off at 14 and you fighting to try to go to sleep.
Do you have the ramp turned on?
IMHO that would be one thing to look into. Just set the ramp time for a little longer than it would normally take you to get to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2015, 08:10 PM)elron Wrote: Second problem is one morning when I stopped the machine, it reported an SD card error. I popped it out, verified it was unlocked, popped it back in, and slept for two more hours. The second time I turned it off, there was no SD problem. Interestingly, the SD card recorded that I used the device for 8 hours, even though there was only data for the last 2 hours.

The AS10 will store summary data without the SD card. The only thing you lose without a SD card is the detailed data for that period.

(04-03-2015, 11:22 AM)estgad Wrote: as to the issue of the machine starting off at 14 and you fighting to try to go to sleep.
Do you have the ramp turned on?
IMHO that would be one thing to look into. Just set the ramp time for a little longer than it would normally take you to get to sleep.

The ramp mode doesn't work like that. The highest pressure that can be used by the ramp is the lowest pressure set in the machine. If you have it set to auto titration with a pressure range of 5-14; the highest ramp pressure setting is 5.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I'm sure the card was unlocked when I put it in the A10 the night before, and when I took it out after the error message in the morning... unless it is somehow defective inside the plastic. It worked fine the day after. If it happens again, I'll just try a new card.

The DME is going to "look into" the starting at max issue (they verified the incident in the cell modem data), but I don't think that will go anywhere. Hopefully, it was just a one time glitch, or worst case I'll try a hard reset if it happens again.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2015, 07:06 PM)elron Wrote: FWIW, I'm sure the card was unlocked when I put it in the A10 the night before, and when I took it out after the error message in the morning... unless it is somehow defective inside the plastic. It worked fine the day after. If it happens again, I'll just try a new card.

The DME is going to "look into" the starting at max issue (they verified the incident in the cell modem data), but I don't think that will go anywhere. Hopefully, it was just a one time glitch, or worst case I'll try a hard reset if it happens again.

I would make sure you stay on the DME to figure out what caused the "glitch." For respiratory equipment in my opinion any glitch is a no no.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2015, 08:10 PM)elron Wrote: Hi folks, hi trish6hundred,

I'm 1 week into therapy after perhaps 10 years of undiagnosed apnea. So far it's working ok-- I'm getting ~8hrs of use a night and supposedly AHI is down to ~2 (from something like 35), but I do wake up fully in the middle of the night more often now due to the pressure or discomfort.

One suspicious thing has happened though. On night two, I woke up in the middle of the night when the pressure was 8 but heading down. I stopped the machine and came back to bed after 10 minutes. When I turned the machine back on, it started out at 14 (the max), and I lay awake struggling with the pressure as it decayed back down to 6.5 over the next hour and a half. I don't remember for how much of that 1.5 hours I was awake, but it was a long time. (Seems ridiculous that sleep disorder therapy doesn't measure sleep!)

Second problem is one morning when I stopped the machine, it reported an SD card error. I popped it out, verified it was unlocked, popped it back in, and slept for two more hours. The second time I turned it off, there was no SD problem. Interestingly, the SD card recorded that I used the device for 8 hours, even though there was only data for the last 2 hours.

Anyway, just throwing it out there in case anyone else has had a problem with an AirSense10 AutoSet.

Elron

My A10 did that a few times. I cycled power and it started behaving. I've seen other errors with the humidifier not working and the ClimateLine hose reporting an error. My voodoo incantation is to cycle power every night when I put distilled water in the tank. I've been doing that for 6 weeks and have seen zero funky errors. I think the software is unstable. It only takes a few seconds to reboot after you unplug/plug the power connector so I just do that.

I've never had an SD card problem other than being a moron and inserting it into the machine with the write-protect tab locked.

As long as power cycling every evening does the trick, I'm going to keep this machine for 6 months. I'll stop power cycling next fall and see if it still has problems. If so, I'll get a warranty replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
take the machine back. I've been using cpap for 18 years and never had that kind of stuff happen. I reckon the machine is faulty.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 504 8 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 205 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 226 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.