Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member from Australia
RE: New Member from Australia
G'day Ted Dekker from another Aussie.

I travel regularly with my machine, sometimes on the road and other times by air. My experience is that you don't need a special travel machine as the standard ones are not that much bigger. The standard xPAPs also offer you more flexibility. As you are going to 'van' it around this big brown land, you can easily run any machine off the power points in your van.

Take advantage of the trial offer and make sure it is an APAP. While the BMC Luna might look good from a price perspective you really can't go past Respironics or Resmed. To save you money, look at the list of suppliers at the top of this page. They will provide you with a brand new machine at less than half the cost of what they cost here (including p&h). I've sourced all my machines from the US for this reason.

Best wishes for your therapy. We are here to help if things aren't going well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome from another Aussie..  Cool

The Philips Respironics Dreamstation can run direct off 12 volts, you can buy a cord for it for around $50.

I have mine set up to run off a battery pack I made up specifically to use when motorcycle camping, the battery will run it for 2 >3 nights depending on humidifier settings.

The battery can also be recharged off my motorcycle charging system, it takes around 2.5 hours of ride time to get it back up to fully charged. 

I'm also looking for a medium size van, such as a Transit or Sprinter to set up as a camper that will also carry one of my motorcycles in it.. and I will also set it up so that I can sleep in it and still use my CPAP while camped. 

Enjoy your travels.

Cheers, 
Ock.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Mates,

I've been really impressed with these forums and the wealth of advice relating to the devices, settings, software etc.
Just yesterday, I learned about extra data that can be generated in "Plus" mode. Amazing!
We haven't tested it yet, but no doubt there are more treasures to unlock with the device.

Anyway, I wanted to express thanks to all the Aussies that take time out to share their experiences and knowledge.
(Many USA issues with insurers, doctors, plans etc. is sad... we are lucky to have such great health care in this part of the world.)

Anyway, Ted - when you are in Adelaide, make sure you take some time to experience Onkaparinga and the orange/purple sunsets... before putting your mask on!

Happy Trails!
Alex
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 215 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,904 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 194 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 538 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,104 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,620 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,072 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.