Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 week of CPAP; sharing my sleep study
RE: 1 week of CPAP; sharing my sleep study
(12-02-2018, 01:33 PM)willo Wrote: [quote pid='279228' dateline='1543774171']
So, specifically for the DreamStation, have I got this right:
1) I'm going to turn off Flex in the regular, MySetup menu.
2) I go into Clinician Setup, choose Mode, then select "CPAP" instead of "Auto" (which should be selected now?) At that point I should see the option to choose "5" for the pressure?

Never mind these questions. I found both settings in the Provider menu area.
[/quote]

You can actually stay on Auto mode and just set minimum and maximum the same.  After looking at your summary data, I think turning off Flex looks good, and I still think your pressure will end up at 5 or 6 cm.  A number of people find fixed pressure less disruptive, so no changes in my previous suggestion. Our main objective is comfort and trying to build on longer therapy time with fewer arousals.   Good luck and sleep well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 5 50 50 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 101 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,392 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 268 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 126 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.