Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
1 year and still tired!
Hello everyone, I am so glad I found your site! Long story short, just over a year I did a take home sleep test and was told I have severe O.S.A. They gave me a P.R. Dreamstation machine and sent me on my way. No real instructions just the manuals and Dream Mapper. No follow ups, except the compliance phone calls. And after the compliance period nothing! I mean nothing from my Dr. not anybody. All the while I'm just waiting for the headaches and sleeplessness to stop. The headaches finally did but that wake up feeling refreshed has not. Eyes feel like I have been reading all night and I'm tired every morning. Fast forward a year. And I come across this board, after looking at other boards and Y.T. videos.  And bam! This board was such a light going off. Downloaded S.H. yesterday and I'm off to the races. Just received a notice from my Dr. to come in for check up. So before I make an appointment with him. I wanted to get your opinion on my charts. This day is pretty typical for me. Lots of Hypopneas and no snoring really. Still learning how to read these charts. Not sure if I have a leak problem I know laying on my back is a big issue. And I have been wearing a foam cervical collar for a few days to see if that helps.Plus adjusted my minimum pressure from 4 to 6 based on what I read on this site.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!   Cool

[Image: wp7Ye1Al.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 year and still tired!
I think for some reason your machine is slow to respond to your flow limitations. I think a minimum pressure increase will fix this, if it was me I would bump it up to 8 and go slow from there, but I'm new here so wait for the more experienced people to show up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scott C. ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DavePaulson. Yes I think I read somewhere on this site that P.R. Dreamstation (auto)has a slow response. That is one of the reasons I raised my min. pressure from 4 - 6. I did that 3 days ago.

Thanks trish6hundred good to be here!
Post Reply Post Reply
The respironics are slower that resmed and need to be closer to the 95%. I wouldn't have an issue with 8, 7 could also be tried. Most wouldn't feel the difference between the 2 pressures and 8 would nip more in the bud. We know 6 isn't working.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like an increase in minimum pressure to 8cm will help.  The max pressure doesn't matter right now, but I personally like to narrow the range.  Bring it down a bit to 15.

What Flex setting are you using?  Try to set it at 2 or even 1.  

If you make these changes, stick with it for a few days.

I don't see a leak problem, so your good there.  
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks "ajake"  and "OpalRose" I will bump min. pressure up to 8 tonight and see how it goes. Will lower max.pressure to 15 as well. The Flex is set at 2 it was 3 a couple days ago Ill try setting it at 1 tonight. Glad to know there isn't a leak issue. Will keep you posted. So I assume there is nothing to worry about on those charts so far. My imagination was running wild when I first saw them. O.K. lets do this! Thanks for talking the time to respond. Greatly appreciated!

Oh I will also try sleeping more on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't be concerned if it was my chart, it seems par for the course. Later you may look at any clusters that are left. Some find the cheap, foam collars can help if you put your chin to your chest. I would adjust your pressure and wait for a while, to see how you settle down. Your body is in a bit of a learning curve with cpap.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
looking at the flow limitation score it seems high enough to suspect a raise in minimum pressure is a good call. I look at two numbers when I have similar situation, and choose which one is greater:
median pressure (for you that was 6.0)
90% or 95% pressure minus 2 cm (for you that was 9.1-2 = 7.1)
that is why I would pick my minimum as 7, but would not be adverse to 8.

I see that you have begun to use the foam collar, and wonder if that quieted your clusters of apnea down.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
"ajake" thanks for letting me know i'm normal as far as the charts go. "quiescence at last" been using collar for over a week. Not sure it helps with the clusters. Laying on my side helps a lot! I tried new settings last night a couple things stood out. First I slept 8 hours straight .I usually get up at least 1-2 times and my 95% went to 10. For the last year I always thought lower pressure numbers was the goal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 100 59 minutes ago
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,425 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 36 2,361 Today, 03:42 AM
Last Post: leono85
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 93 Yesterday, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,353 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 211 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 223 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.