Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Hi Scott

I am no expert but think the collar helps to stop our chin from tucking into our necks and thus narrowing the airway. I have been aware of my chin drooping as I fall asleep without the collar.

I tried a chin strap for one night but that resulted in more obstructions so I went back to the collar. It does feel more comfortable without the collar as I drift off but the next day is crap so I tolerate the collar overnight now every night. My numbers have been more satisfying (mostly below 1) now that am using the nasal pillows as leaks are under control.

Wishing you the best in finding that balance that suits.

AI
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello "Apnea infant" Last night I did not use collar or tape. I was trying to deal with the Aerophagia (gas) problems I have started having since raising my pressure. Saw on youtube where keeping your head at a 45 degree would help with this. So far this has been a big fail. Not to mention a little counter intuitive considering the chin tuck problems you pointed out. Thanks for the input.

Last nights chart;

[Image: zPSHY9Dl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Its been a little over a week since I last posted. This chart is a couple days old but it is a good representation of the last 10 days at min.= max. =12.
I threw off mask after couple hours last night. And the night before was a toss and turn night that resulted in a low AHI but not good for the average.

[Image: ybgYnKwl.png]

Here are my stats. Everything has steadily come down except the FL. And the leak Rate has steadily gone up. I assume the higher the pressure the more leaks. My Nasal gel pillows have arrived so will be trying those out.

[Image: o71TqI7l.png]
Going in for my physical tomorrow. Should I ask to go back for a another more in depth sleep study? The only one I have had was the home test that straps to your head. Gave blood last week looking for anything that might help with sleep issues. Testosterone, Vitamin D, Thyroid etc...
Thanks everyone for all of your help with this journey!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 105 3 hours ago
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,428 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 36 2,365 Yesterday, 03:42 AM
Last Post: leono85
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 93 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,356 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 212 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 223 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.