Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Thanks "OpalRose" does Flex affect Hypopneas ? Should I wait to turn it off now or wait a couple days like the min. pressure? Do most users turn off the Flex on there Dreamstations? Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2017, 03:49 PM)Scott C. Wrote: Thanks "OpalRose" does Flex affect Hypopneas ? Should I wait to turn it off now or wait a couple days like the min. pressure? Do most users turn off the Flex? Cool

Flex is a comfort feature, as is EPR on ResMed machines.  Not real sure if using Flex affects Hypopneas one way or another. In my case, with a setting of 3, I experienced more CA's.  Everyone is different, so judge by how you feel.

Some folk do better using a pressure relief setting and some do better without.  I would wait a few days and see how it goes.  

It takes time to get your settings dialed in, so be patient.  I know...easy to say.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear you're sleeping better. You're close now. I know the EPR is a "comfort setting" but it does affect therapy for some people, I sleep like crap when I turn it down. Don't you wish you would have done this a year ago? Smile

Best of luck,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I was curious anything in my charts that would warrant using a oximeter? And yes~! "DavePaulson" I wish someone would have said "hey you don't have to live like this" And I am sure I'm not the only one who was given a machine with no follow up! Angry
But I'm happy now. This forum is the best!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2017, 05:41 PM)Scott C. Wrote: I was curious anything in my charts that would warrant using a oximeter? And yes~! "DavePaulson" I wish someone would have said "hey you don't have to live like this" And I am sure I'm not the only one who was given a machine with no follow up! Angry

A lot of times it's not just no follow up, it's bad follow up. Something so easy they just don't take the time or listen to you. Thank goodness for internet strangers heroes willing to help. Do you have the results of your sleep study? Your minute vent minimum is very low.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2017, 06:16 PM)DavePaulson Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 05:41 PM)Scott C. Wrote: I was curious anything in my charts that would warrant using a oximeter? And yes~! "DavePaulson" I wish someone would have said "hey you don't have to live like this" And I am sure I'm not the only one who was given a machine with no follow up! Angry

A lot of times it's not just no follow up, it's bad follow up. Something so easy they just don't take the time or listen to you. Thank goodness for internet strangers heroes willing to help. Do you have the results of your sleep study? Your minute vent minimum is very low.

Yes I do. What is the "minute vent minimum"? All they cared about was the compliance and said the machine would do the rest. And I did not know any better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2017, 07:14 PM)Scott C.: Wrote: Yes I do. What is the "minute vent minimum"? All they cared about was the compliance and said the machine would do the rest. And I did not know any better.

Minute vent volume is the volume you breath in a minute. The minute vent minimum is the lowest volume in a minute. Did they monitor O2 levels in your sleep study?
Post Reply Post Reply
looking thru the great source of all information, it can be found that the minute ventilation (MV) for an awake person at rest is usually between 5 and 8 liters per minute.  in sleep, this even lowers more, depending on sleep state.

my chart shows my minute ventilation is about 8 (median), but also shows a really low number 0.25 in the first column.  I think this is because the way I breathe I get these blips (tiny little breaths) in between normal full breaths.  See this section of my sleep:

[Image: S1kRjpfl.png]

in the second part of this 2 minutes you can see that sleepyhead is calculating my minute ventilation in small chucks and is sawtoothed in appearance.

that is why I think my minute ventilation has such a low min value.

certainly sleepyhead could have calculated in larger chunks to give the real impression of what the total air you got in the last minute (or even half minute).

I wonder if this is the same thing that drives your min value for minute ventilation.  I suspect this, and if so you do not have a minute ventilation issue, since your median is in range (being almost 6)

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
" davePaulson" Yes they did monitor Sp02

Mean           96.0
Min.             83.9
%<90%     1.7
%<85%     0.0
Mean dip     2.1

How do these numbers look. I used to get massive headaches on top of not feeling rested. this is why I was asking about using an oximeter. Thanks for taking a look at my numbers.

This was a 1 night at home test with a monitor strapped to my forehead with a nasal thingy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks QAL, I have not heard of this reading before now. Maybe those Sp02 numbers will shed some light. Still trying to wrap my head around all this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 26 3 hours ago
Last Post: liebano
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 63 6 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 196 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 176 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,624 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 179 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.