Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Good to see you're doing somewhat better, have you been working on the weird exercises sleeprider suggested? I think they may help you. I can talk on the phone and drink water with my machine on and running, it took a long time to be able to do that though. If you have the means you could still try a full face mask and see how it works out for you. How did you feel this morning at fixed pressure 10?

Best of luck,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not tried the exercises with the mask yet. What is the best way to do that as far as the machine recording it? Should I take out the SD card then practice? Been working on the tongue on top of roof of mouth.
Here is last nights chart same settings. mouth taped and cervical collar.
What doe the bottom line on the pressure graph mean? Thanks

[Image: 0g4hEP6l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2017, 11:42 AM)Scott C. Wrote: I have not tried the exercises with the mask yet. What is the best way to do that as far as the machine recording it? Should I take out the SD card then practice? Been working on the tongue on top of roof of mouth.
Here is last nights chart same settings. mouth taped and cervical collar.
What doe the bottom line on the pressure graph mean? Thanks

Hi Scott,,
Hopefully things are improving.  

Doesn't matter if you take the SD card out because as soon as you insert it back into the machine, the Cpap will write the data back on the card.  

The bottom line on the pressure graph reflects the Flex setting.  (The drop in exhale pressure)

Keep practicing the Tongue Suck Technique, eventually it becomes second nature.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
O.K. here is last nights chart Same settings no changes believe it or not. 3 days running Big Grin Plus cervical collar and mouth tape. 

Please post what you think and if I'm heading in the right direction. Are the pressure pulses normal? Thanks for all of the shared knowledge . This forum rocks!!!

[Image: FohKubWl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks good. Stick with it a few days.
I do see the FL a little high. See what others think.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks "opalrose" Still learning how to read chart. What does the Flow limit graph mean? How important is it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Limitations signify a partial collapse of airway, in which the Cpap will attempt to raise pressure to keep the airway open.  

Since you are using auto mode with min and max of 10, the machine can't raise the pressure in response to FL.  

Your AHI is pretty low and as long as you feel good, stick with what your doing for awhile.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
"opalrose" Does the flow rate cause the pulses too? Sleepyhead says I had major air leak last night see my c-pap advisor. So here is last nights graph.
same settings for last 4 nights. A couple observations Found out I can still exhale through microfiber tape which I think would explain the major leak and dry mouth. But also seem to be swallowing air via the burping and passing gas. As someone posted on this thread could happen. Should I be concerned?

[Image: qcjxUScl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm finally back home with reliable internet!!!

So pardon me for going back a ways to get caught up in this thread.  A few days ago you posted:
(06-29-2017, 10:48 AM)Scott C. Wrote: I forgot to tape last night. You can see its an issue on my chart.

[Image: EfjhIc4t.png]
If this is what your leaks typically look like without taping, then I'd say you don't really NEED to tape: While your leak like is far from pretty, it is quite acceptable. There are NO official Large Leaks scored, and there's only one 15-20 minute period where the leaks are what I call moderately high---as in getting close to (but not entering) official Large Leak territory.  On your DreamStation at your pressures, the total leak rate needs to be above 80 L/min before the machine is likely to score an official Large Leak.

So the questions are:

1) Are you more comfortable when you are trying to get to sleep or back to sleep with or without taping?

2) Do you have significantly more problems with dry mouth issues when you forget to tape?

3) Can you subjectively tell a difference in the all-important How do you feel? data when you tape vs. when you do not tape?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2017, 12:31 AM)Scott C. Wrote: The humidifier seems to stay the same no matter what I put the number on. I think when it's on adaptive it picks it own level.
Within certain parameters yes, it picks its own level.

You may do better turning the adaptive humidifier settings off and using the so-called "Classic" humidifier mode.  But beware: That comes at an increased risk of rain-out.

Quote:So i don't think its a factor. You are right I am trying different settings. I figured I'd find one setting to stick with for a while. This was my experimental week culminating with last nights settings
Min-pressure 10, max-pressure 10, Auto and Flex 3, and mouth tape. Thinking the pressure changes might be waking me up several times during the night. I would say 5-7 per night that I can remember.
Using min pressure = max pressure = 10 is a good way to test the hypothesis that pressure changes are waking you up.  Not everybody does well on APAP and you may be someone who is more comfortable with constant pressure.  By running in APAP mode with min pressure = max pressure, you have CPAP but you don't loose the flow limitation and VS data that is only recorded in APAP mode on the DreamStations.

Quote:What graph would you suggest instead of A.H.I.
I would prefer that you just increase the vertical size of the flow rate, leak and pressure graphs. If you really want a fourth graph as well as the event table, then Respiratory Rate would be my next choice. It, together with the Flow Rate, can sometimes give circumstantial evidence of possible wakes.

Quote:Here is last nights chart. ... There is nothing in my snore graph.

[Image: ff3084cl.png]
In all seriousness, the AHI is "ok".  Not fantastic (in the sense of being below 1), but certainly well below 5. There are a few clusters of 2-3 events, but most of the events are spread out. So there's nothing here that screams "more pressure is needed".  

There are two official Large Leaks, neither of which is particularly long. Did you skip taping?

If your data looks like this night after night, then it's time to focus on comfort issues---in other words, what things make you feel better when you wake up in the morning and what things allow you to sleep without any prolonged middle of the night wakes.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,597 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,455 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.