Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Here is night 3 without tape. It was a better night. feeling more rested. Tried to sleep on side more.I Can really tell difference when AHI's are in the 1's
With the talk about flow rate and such, is there a need to monitor my oxygen ? This is day 7 at these settings.

[Image: n24szAwl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking better Scott, glad to hear things are improving. Over time the mouth breathing will probably get better, definitely an improvement last night, took me a long time though.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott,

This is a very brief note: I am way too busy today to respond to some of your posts and hubby and I have a date night planned tonight. I'll get back in touch, but it may not be until Sunday. So be patient with me.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2017, 01:17 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: Looking better Scott, glad to hear things are improving. Over time the mouth breathing will probably get better, definitely an improvement last night, took me a long time though.

Dave

Dave and "sleeprider'. i have worked on those exercises "sleeprider" suggested. Was able to drink through a straw and talk. While closing off air through the nose. I think I am doing it right. Lots more practice! Dave what did you do to stop mouth breathing? You said it took you a long time??
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2017, 02:19 PM)robysue Wrote: Scott,

This is a very brief note: I am way too busy today to respond to some of your posts and hubby and I have a date night planned tonight. I'll get back in touch, but it may not be until Sunday. So be patient with me.

"robysue" No worries!
Post Reply Post Reply
I kept using the machine and it slowly got better. There was no apnea board and little info out there. I didn't have insurance and was given a CPAP from a friend, this board would have been quite useful to me then. To set the machine I had brother who had had a sleep study and was of similar size and copied his pressure, I'm pretty sure I had the setting close to perfect by luck.

Dave

Edit: Glad to see that you are doing the exercises sleeprider suggested, I have been and will continue to watch this best of luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights chart. It includes 1 hr. 55 min. of me just laying in bed in the morning. It lowered my average AHI score .
This was night 4 without tape. It has been 4 nights with tape then 4 without tape.

Is it just me or is there a pattern??? Thinking about every 90 minutes or so i have issues. And this would be during REM sleep. Is this whats causing me to not get rest? Or is that when I totally relax and things go wrong? Thanks again for everyone sharing there knowledge with me.

[Image: oICZj7sl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I went for 5th night without tape and this time without the collar. ( same settings ) Felt like a rough night. Still learning to read these charts. My respiratory rate seems erratic Do you think the lack of a collar is the cause?
Thanks.
[Image: ar6z0kml.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2017, 04:15 PM)ajack Wrote: If it were my chart. I think it's time to raise the pressure to 11, to tidy up some remaining oa/h. I wouldn't think 10 is really the best pressure. Or are you leaving it for now and intend to go back to auto? Sorting all the mouthbreathing out on 10, may end in tears when you need 11 or from your auto charts, possibly 12?

Hey "ajack" bumped up my min. max. pressure to 11 and left it on Flex 1 . There was no OA's and the CA's went down. Wore collar and no tape.

Was sleeping pretty good I forgot to put mask on for 2 hours. But interesting night. Any thoughts on raising the max. pressure and leaks?
Thanks !

[Image: 3U1KD7kl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd bump a half more for the hypopnea and see how that goes. The leaks I have no real advice, I wear a FFM.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 58 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 194 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.