Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Here is last nights chart. 4 nights running. Same settings.
[Image: OnstKYSl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The data looks pretty good. How are you feeling at this point? And do you feel like you're actually getting some sleep yet?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2017, 10:33 PM)ajack Wrote: If you are going to apap. you could have 10.5 min and 14 max.
fixed cpap I'd go 11.5.

but either way your apnea is pretty good now. it's the leaks that need more work or just go to a FFM. If you aren't feeling a bit better in a month, I'd look elsewhere for the problem.

ajack Decided I would try the min. 10.5-14 max tonight. I will let you know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it will be close, it is about the numbers I suggested on page 2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid211666
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
robysue and ajack,
I feel the same basically that is why I am still adjusting the settings. Yours and others suggestions keep me hopeful.
Tired today so last nights settings did not help. Here they are.
Not sure where to go from here.  10.5 - 15 pressure APAP with collar , no tape.

[Image: zheo80pl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The heck with it Scott, try a full face mask, what can it hurt.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2017, 06:13 PM)Scott C. Wrote: robysue and ajack,
I feel the same basically that is why I am still adjusting the settings. Yours and others suggestions keep me hopeful.
Not sure where to go from here.  10.5 - 15 pressure  APAP with collar , no tape.
My suggestion is to go back to the previous settings.  In other words, go back to "fixed pressure" with min pressure = max pressure = 11.  Use the collar, but don't tape for a night or two, while thinking about what next.

Keep in mind that while most people on this forum prefer APAP, there are people who do better on fixed pressure because the varying pressure winds up disrupting their sleep.  You may be one of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2017, 08:00 PM)robysue Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 06:13 PM)Scott C. Wrote: robysue and ajack,
Not sure where to go from here.  10.5 - 15 pressure  APAP with collar , no tape.
My suggestion is to go back to the previous settings.  In other words, go back to "fixed pressure" with min pressure = max pressure = 11.  Use the collar, but don't tape for a night or two, while thinking about what next.

Keep in mind that while most people on this forum prefer APAP, there are people who do better on fixed pressure because the varying pressure winds up disrupting their sleep.  You may be one of them.
robysue I Have not taped for days. Did you see the answers to your questions on previous page?  Thinking I will go back to fixed pressure and see what happens. Maybe bump it up by half to 11.5 min=max pressure as suggested by ajack.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2017, 06:19 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: The heck with it Scott, try a full face mask, what can it hurt.

I have been looking into that. Just in case it is a mask issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2017, 08:43 PM)Scott C. Wrote: robysue I Have not taped for days. Did you see the answers to your questions on previous page?  Thinking I will go back to fixed pressure and see what happens. Maybe bump it up by half to 11.5 min=max pressure as suggested by ajack.
What I've seen is that at 11cm of pressure is that the difference between taping and not taping is not significant enough to warrant taping if you find it uncomfortable.

Yeah, your leaks are not perfect, but they're not usually horrible either. Unless the leaks are waking you up, I don't think they're really bad enough to worry about fixing.

The idea of bumping up the fixed pressure from 11 to 11.5 is reasonable. If that doesn't increase your discomfort, you can bump it up to 12 in a few days and see what happens.

But remember: You need to try to change only one thing at a time so you can evaluate whether the change does something or not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 229 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 46 8 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 68 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 182 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.