Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
I think it doesn't matter at this sage if it's fixed or auto, either way it will work out in the end. We are trying to find a pressure that works, then you can see if that pressure in auto or fixed is better.
going by your chart, I would increase the min to try and resolve more H.

I agree with dave, that a FFM takes out one variable and will make this easier.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott,

Several comments about the ideas to try a FFM, switch to APAP, and increase pressures:

1) A FFM may or may not fix your leaks, which are actually acceptable with your collar+nasal mask set up.  

2) A FFM may or may not be more comfortable than your current collar+nasal mask set up.

3) If you want to try a FFM, then don't change anything else at the same time that you start the FFM trial.  In other words, if you want to increase the pressure AND try a FFM, decide which thing to do FIRST and stick with that one change for 4 days or so before making the second change.  You want to be able tease apart what changes are from an increased pressure and what changes are from switching to a FFM.

4) You've tried APAP in the past.  From what you've written, it seems to me that you do worse on APAP than on fixed pressure.  Correct me if I'm wrong about that.   But from what I've seen in your previous posts, I don't see any advantage in switching back to APAP again.  However, if you do want to try APAP yet again, make that as a single change.  In other words, if you want to try both a FFM and APAP, decide which thing to do FIRST and stick with that one change for 4 days or so before making the second change.  You want to be able tease apart what changes are from switching to APAP and what changes are from switching to a FFM.

In other words, I think it's a mistake to go from
  • Fixed pressure at 11cm with nasal mask+collar
to
  • APAP with a range of 10-15 (or 10-20) with a FFM
all on the same night.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty rough  night. It seems to me the more pressure now really drys the mouth out till everything feels like its glued in place. Not pleasant at all and takes more time to lube everything up and get back to sleep. The settings were 11.5 min =11.5 max. Collar no tape.  I feel like I'm losing ground and maybe I should take a couple steps back to a setting that wasn't so aggressive.
Looking at the Amara view FFM. The Dreamwear mask was a life saver. I could not stand the P.R. Wisp. But I still have it maybe I should try a night with the Wisp. I guess it could not hurt,

[Image: SErNhQ7l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Robysue, I would rather keep trying to fine tune the pressure than deal with finding and buying a new mask. I agree on the taking one thing at a time.
Not sure about the fixed pressure though after last nights ordeal. I'm thinking the fixed pressure is causing more mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2017, 11:24 AM)Scott C. Wrote: Robysue, I would rather keep trying to fine tune the pressure than deal with finding and buying a new mask. I agree on the taking one thing at a time.
Seems like a reasonable plan to me.

Quote:Not sure about the fixed pressure though after last nights ordeal. I'm thinking the fixed pressure is causing more mouth leaks.
If fixed pressure is causing mouth leaks, my guess is that you'll have just as much of a problem in Auto: Won't surprise me if every time the machine decides to increase the pressure, your mouth pops open.

One question I think you need to think about is this: Are the leaks such a big problem that they must be "solved"? And if so, how much stuff can you add to your sleeping gear before the fix becomes worse than the original problem in terms of sleep quality?

In other words, on a given night, how often do you remember leaks waking you up?  And are you dealing with significant dry mouth symptoms?
Post Reply Post Reply
((One question I think you need to think about is this: Are the leaks such a big problem that they must be "solved"? And if so, how much stuff can you add to your sleeping gear before the fix becomes worse than the original problem in terms of sleep quality?
In other words, on a given night, how often do you remember leaks waking you up?  And are you dealing with significant dry mouth symptoms?))

robysue its mainly the dry mouth now that wakes me. I mean its really bad when it happens. I don't wake from the leaks otherwise. Not that I know of. And the 2 bathroom breaks during the night.

Thanks for the input. Never considered pressure popping open the mouth, good point.  

Also I agree with "when is  the cure worse than the problem". I'm shooting for good quality sleep. Trying not to chase numbers. And just going by how I feel.

Have made a Dr.s appointment in a month for a physical . So getting ammo to talk with Dr. about. 

Thanks  to everyone here, you rock!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2017, 11:46 PM)Scott C. Wrote: robysue its mainly the dry mouth now that wakes me. I mean its really bad when it happens. I don't wake from the leaks otherwise. Not that I know of. And the 2 bathroom breaks during the night.
How often do you wake up with the really bad dry mouth problem? Several times a night? Or only a few times a week? Or somewhere in between?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2017, 12:37 AM)robysue Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 11:46 PM)Scott C. Wrote: robysue its mainly the dry mouth now that wakes me. I mean its really bad when it happens. I don't wake from the leaks otherwise. Not that I know of. And the 2 bathroom breaks during the night.
How often do you wake up with the really bad dry mouth problem?  Several times a night? Or only a few times a week? Or somewhere in betweenWhe
 The dry mouth is multiple times during a sintgle night when its bad. But other nights like last night I only remember once or twice. here is last nights chart.
Settings were min. = max 11, collar and no tape. Did not feel overwhelmed. But I did forget to put mask on for couple hours. But woke up feeling o.k. like i'm back to fine tuning it. Very hopeful!
[Image: WMKM4pel.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott,
You're cutting off the data in the upper portion of the left side of the display. It would be helpful to see the AHI and breakdown instead of Session Information.

Thanks!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about that, here is corrected chart. Thanks Crimson!
[Image: oUk7W7Ll.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 54 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 191 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,972 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.