Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Thanks Crimson for letting me know. Here is correct screen shot.
[Image: oUk7W7Ll.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
O.k. here is last nights chart same settings.
[Image: 3QYksE9l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations still the elephant in the room. If this was my data, I would be gradually increasing the minimum pressure until flow limitations were generally below 0.50. That is somewhere above 11.5 cm, and I would increase the pressure to about 12.5 at 0.5 increments staying at least 3 days at each step.

even if you do not increase pressure, you should now be getting better sleep, and be starting to feel some effects.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2017, 06:15 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: Flow limitations still the elephant in the room.  If this was my data, I would be gradually increasing the minimum pressure until flow limitations were generally below 0.50.  That is somewhere above 11.5 cm, and I would increase the pressure to about 12.5 at 0.5 increments staying at least 3 days at each step.

even if you do not increase pressure, you should now be getting better sleep, and be starting to feel some effects.

QAL

Thanks QAL,  That's the plan to raise the pressure. (slowly) Flow Limitations were better last night,. What is the importance of this elephant ? And can my Dreamwear mask be contributing to it.  Here is last nights chart. Same settings  for past 3 nights. I am bumping up to 11.5 min=max tonight.  Flex is at 1. Wondering should I try it turned off?

[Image: gk3szFBl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I would leave it at 1, but ok to eliminate.  The net affect of turning flex off is probably roughly the same as increasing the minimum exhale pressure up about .40 to .60 of a cm.  once we got your inhale pressure to about 12.5, you may even want to move the flex from 1 to 2.  There is some correlation, I feel, between the EPAP exhale pressure and the FL measure.

Have things you have done lately caused a shift in your tiredness?

Good luck

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2017, 07:33 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: Have things you have done lately caused a shift in your tiredness?

Good luck

QAL

I really can't say. I have given up on the aha moment.  But I do think if AHI is under 2,  I feel a little bit better. But not enough nights to see if this theory pans out yet. Also a couple nights that I slept through the night without getting out of bed was real hopeful. But again not enough nights to be conclusive. So I'll stick to the fine tuning at this point. Thanks for the advice everyone and please keep it coming. I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night back on min. = max=11.5. Collar , no tape. Still waking up with dry mouth. But stayed in bed all night which is unusual for me. I usually get up twice for a bathroom break. I will stay here for couple more nights.
[Image: j1mEZcRl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning everyone, here is second night at 11.5 min. = max. I did use mouth tape last night to try and help with dry mouth and the leak rate.
And I have ordered a new nasal cushion. The one I'm using is the original which still passes the mask fit test. My P.R, Dreamstation says 100% mask fit the majority of nights.

Speaking of nasal cusihons can they cause dry eyes assuming seal is good and not blowing air into the eyes, thanks?

[Image: nqa2Qebl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2017, 11:15 AM)Scott C. Wrote: Speaking of nasal cusihons can they cause dry eyes assuming seal is good and not blowing air into the eyes, thanks?

This thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...s-and-CPAP
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks opalrose. I will buy some Systane. I'll see if this helps. Not sure if I have dry eyes or just tired eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,597 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,455 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.