Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
(07-20-2017, 10:08 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Scott,
Your events seem to be further in the sleep cycle.    This is just a guess but it appears like you may be tossing and turning, increasing until you awake.  You might look at your sleeping environment, including the mattress and pillow.     Are you comfortable?     What are your thoughts on this?

Crimson nape. Pretty much sleeping on my back. But I did wake a lot with dry mouth last night. And with my mouth being taped I did wrestle a bit when I woke up . Took me longer to lube up the old mouth and fall back to sleep without removing the tape. I am sleeping with the collar and mouth tape. But I feel comfortable when I go to bed. New replacement P.R. Dreamwear Nasal cushion came today so will try that before bumping up the min.=max.pressure =12
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights chart with new nasal cushion, tape and a collar. Doesn't look like new mask or the tape helped with the leaks.  And the break is where I had major dry mouth. I had a bathroom break at this time also. Well it's been 4 nights at 11.5 min. = max. pressure. Will be bumping it up to 12 tonight.
Unless someone sees something.

[Image: Bx7CSEWl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights chart at min. = max. pressure at 12.   I have read 12 is the magic number for a lot of people.
Was wondering if I should raise my max pressure??? Made it through the night without getting out of bed and just a couple of dry mouth events.
This is with tape , collar and new nasal cushion. Thinking about trying the gel pillows as st8800 suggested to help with leaks. 

[Image: u62LR8Jl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
2nd night at min= max. pressure = 12. With collar and mouth taped. Any thoughts?

[Image: VbxkW5ol.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
First,  Not bad.   How do you feel?   Second, I might try bumping up the pressure .5cm (mine only uses even tenths only , so .6cm) to see if the Hypos can be tamed.  Right now I don't see anything else that really screams at me.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2017, 02:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: First,  Not bad.   How do you feel?   Second, I might try bumping up the pressure .5cm (mine only uses even tenths only , so .6cm) to see if the Hypos can be tamed.  Right now I don't see anything else that really screams at me.

Crimson Nape, Do you think bumping up after only 2 nights is o.k.? As far as how I feel, nothing to write home about. Pretty much the same maybe a little better. Need more nights to tell for sure.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
My thought about bumping up are based off your last snapshot.    There's no rush, go at a rate that you feel is comfortable.  Please don't let me, or anyone else, make you feel pushed.   I'm the impatient type.  If I see something is going in a positive direction, I want to try just a little more to see what happens.   I've also lived to regret that thought process as well. Oh-jeez
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too Crimson Nape. Sometimes you just want to feel better as fast as possible. Well here is last nights charts. Same settings. Still wondering why Dreamstation says 100% mask fit and sleepyhead says the opposite. Not sure how to read info under pie chart. At the end of the leak rate line it says Max . 41.00 is that minutes or percentage of night?

[Image: eBXSNqKl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking back through this thread, it seems like pressure is constantly getting ratcheted up and you are not getting much additional benefit. Early pressure increases seem to have stabilized your breathing and flow limitations, and your event rate dropped in half. Since your pressure was 10-13 there has been so significant change in events or flow limitation. Your event rate seems to have stabilized between 1.3 and 2.8, and you really just need to do what is most comfortable and probably accept that is probably your results for CPAP. Hard to say if Bilevel would improve on this, but I don't see continuing to increase pressure as very beneficial. None of the variables like Flex, or auto vs fixed pressure has show consistently better results. You clearly do better with pressure above 9 cm, and the machine does not increase pressure above 10 when auto CPAP is used.

I think your best move is to consider what makes you the most comfortable and just go with that. As far as increasing pressure, it's possible you may improve results, but at all pressures you show fairly consistent hypopnea and flow limitation. These suggest restrictive breathing that might respond better to pressure support than fixed pressures. In any event, your results are fairly good and more than acceptable. You are certainly free to experiment with higher pressure, but as I see it, your results are about the same at 10-13 auto with Flex as they are with 13 fixed and no flex. It might be interesting to see the statistics chart and see if there has been any correlation to the pressure and setting changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
"You are certainly free to experiment with higher pressure, but as I see it, your results are about the same at 10-13 auto with Flex as they are with 13 fixed and no flex. It might be interesting to see the statistics chart and see if there has been any correlation to the pressure and setting changes."
"sleeprider" Currently my settings are min.= max. pressure 12. With flex set on 1.

"and the machine does not increase pressure above 10 when auto CPAP is used. "
"sleeprider" Are you referring to when I was on full auto?

Here is my stats page,

[Image: Cl36626l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 38 4 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 65 11 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,628 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,976 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 180 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.