Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Here is last nights chart same settings and no flex. No CA's last 2 nights. Is this from not using Flex?
"QAL" will probably try your suggestion. The reason I was thinking about a wider range is looking from my charts at 10 - 15 had about same results. Plus at 12 when I first start therapy it takes a little time to settle into a rhythm .

[Image: eV8vRvNl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott, maybe time to try a FFM. Your leaks should come down. Mine did.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2017, 08:00 PM)st8800 Wrote: Scott, maybe time to try a FFM. Your leaks should come down. Mine did.

Hello st880 I read your post about FFM vs. Nasal pillows. I currently use Dreamwear cushions. Another member swears by the gel nasal pillows.
As far as FFM I have been looking at the Amera View. Currently I also use a collar and mouth tape also. Thanks for the input.
Scott
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is latest chart. AHI under 2 and no CA's again. This is 8 nights at min. = max. = 12. No flex for the 3rd night. Collar and mouth tape
Thinking I want to try a small pressure range. QAL said 12 - 14. Sleeprider suggested 10 - 15.
Maybe I'll try the 12 - 14 and see how that goes and then try to the lower the min. as sleeprider and ajack suggested.
What are the pros and cons of this? If any. Thanks everybody for sharing your wisdom.

(still feeling pretty much the same and this why I want to keep fine tuning the pressure )

[Image: bpBxpLFl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
First message - comment re masks.

I'm super new to all this - 9 nights on machine. Thought I might share my experience with masks and leaks though seeing you were looking at your leak figures. On a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, started last week with the AirFit P10 nasal prong mask which seems to be highly regarded. Certainly worked well (AHI from 71 in sleep study to 2.1 on first night and staying under 4 all first week). I'm on a trial from me DME so I grabbed a F&P Brevida this week. Only two nights in, but loving it. The P10 felt very obtrusive, and on the P10 I was having some large leaks every second night, and my leak rate on Sleepy Head 95% average for the week is about 20. The Brevida is substantially less - no large leaks to date (only two nights though) and my 95% leak rate figure both nights was 8.4. Additionally, my pressures seem to have come down a bit Median from 12.3-12.8 on the P10 and 11.8 both nights on the Brevida.

I've asked to try a dreamware mask next week, but for me the Brevida is I think much better than the P10. Feels much softer on the nose, doesn't feel at all obtrusive, and the leaks are better. And I don't wake up feeling sore between the nostrils.

Early days as I said, but thought that may be of interest to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2017, 10:41 PM)JeffT Wrote: First message - comment re masks.

I'm super new to all this - 9 nights on machine. Thought I might share my experience with masks and leaks though seeing you were looking at your leak figures. On a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, started last week with the AirFit P10 nasal prong mask which seems to be highly regarded. Certainly worked well (AHI from 71 in sleep study to 2.1 on first night and staying under 4 all first week). I'm on a trial from me DME so I grabbed a F&P Brevida this week. Only two nights in, but loving it. The P10 felt very obtrusive, and on the P10 I was having some large leaks every second night, and my leak rate on Sleepy Head 95% average for the week is about 20.  The Brevida is substantially less - no large leaks to date (only two nights though) and my 95% leak rate figure both nights was 8.4. Additionally, my pressures seem to have come down a bit Median from 12.3-12.8 on the P10 and 11.8 both nights on the Brevida.

I've asked to try a dreamware mask next week, but for me the Brevida is I think much better than the P10. Feels much softer on the nose, doesn't feel at all obtrusive, and the leaks are better. And I don't wake up feeling sore between the nostrils.

Early days as I said, but thought that may be of interest to you.

Thanks JeffT, and welcome to the board! I will look into the F&P Brevida. I use the P.R. Dreamstation cushions right now. And have been told the P.R. gel nasal pillows that work with the Dreamwear frame, rock as well. Good luck with your therapy. You have come to the right place.
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I expanded the pressure range Min.12 Max 14. I peaked out at 14. My 95 % pressure was 14.
When I was with A-PAP 4-20 my 95% was never this high.  It seems to me my 95% average has steadily gone up with increasing the pressure, is this normal?

[Image: klyCVEEl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the second night with a range of 12-14. Its also without mouth tape.(first night in a long time) Large leak spiked, so I guess the tape helps.

[Image: ToFGIxJl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
3rd night at 12-14. Back to using tape. Tried my old P.R. Wisp mask to see if the leaks were better. What do you guys think for the first 7.37 minutes ?

[Image: bdFZto4l.png]

Hers is the chart including the last 2 hours of trying to sleep in without the mouth tape. It got ugly, which is strange because I felt like I was sleeping really well. That is why I slept in longer than usual. Any thoughts would be appreciated . Thanks!

[Image: zNVlHq9l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott, you problem is quite similar to mine. You mouth breath and have leaks on nasal/nasal pillow masks. Probably cause even when you use tape is because your tongue slip from the roof of the mouth, causing air to still flow through.... resulting in dry mouth. FFM should ease the leaks and to a certain extend the dry mouth.

For my case, tape, cervical collar and chin strap didn't help much. I am using Xylimelts with helps a lot to relieve it. I also just ordered the adult pacifier to see if it can help to keep the tongue sealed on the roof of mouth and will try to use back my nasal pillow masks when it arrives.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 9 11 minutes ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 175 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 165 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,606 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.