Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year and still tired!
RE: 1 year and still tired!
Last night best AHI. BUT it was a rough night had trouble sleeping and adjusting mask, Just laid in bed  a couple of times. I'm sure this lowered the AHI average.
I don't know that there is a difference between 12-12 and 12- 14 but the numbers are getting better and I should not complain. Seems my 95% keeps going up. Last night It was at 14.

[Image: UWSaDsMl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night same settings just trying to see where I stand. I was able to go back to bed for a couple of hours. But my Flow Rate stop recording. Does this mean I took the mask off in the last hour or so? But the Leak rate / pressure kept recording.

[Image: mSRx1P9l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
last nights chart minus the pie . The same settings with the Wisp mask. Tape and collar. Things seem to be settling down. Fingers crossed.

[Image: 7HeMltrl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is latest chart. I switched back to Dreamwear nasal cushion, I was getting a sore from the Wisp.
What does the gaps in the pressure chart mean? Thanks!

[Image: QtxABWIl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
As I read it there aren't any gaps in the pressure chart. Your machine is set to a 12 minimum, so the graph starts at 12. When the line isn't there I would take that to mean the pressure is sitting at the minimum 12 setting and thus the line isn't showing.

I'm new to this, but as I read your flow rate graph, I would suggest the periods where it is narrower, which also correspond to some of the times when there is an increase in pressure, might be when you are sleeping on your back. Certainly that is the case for me - narrower flow rate when on back, and more events, and more pressure, side sleeping gives broader flow rate graph, less to no events, and hence the machine doesn't push the pressure up. Just a comment if it helps.

Your AHI still looks very low to me, which is great, but given "normal" for AHI in the population is a rating of 5 or less, I would think anything under 5 is pretty good. I am only starting, but have had only one night under 2 so far. Given how low your AHI is, I personally would be pretty happy that things are working well as is... 

But if you wanted to keep tweaking things, I don't know if you have the option to try another type of mask, but your time over leak redline looks high to me at 25% and suggests that the mask may still not be sealing as well as you might like, even though it isn't showing any large leaks. I started on a P10 nasal pillow, and my leaks were around 0.5-0.9% over the redline, which is pretty good. Moved to a Brevida mask because the P10 was making my nose sore, and the leak rate is now less than 0.0% every night (e.g. 0.025% etc, and many nights it is 0.000%).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the fresh perspective "JeffT" and the chart explanation. I wasn't used to seeing it hanging at the min.12 pressure range. Yeah its been about a month or more since I started. And thanks to this board I have been able to get my AHI  way down.  Now just waiting for that well rested feeling to kick in. I agree more mask testing is in order.  

Welcome to the board by the way!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Scott, with such a high leak rate. Your AHI reading may not be that accurate as well. I would quickly try out a FFM if I were you.
Post Reply Post Reply
st8800 I Think I will try the Dreamwear gel pillows first. Then probably the Amara View is the plan.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights chart with new pressure range of min. 11 and max. 14. I lowered the min. pressure to help with my ear popping when i first get into bed. Any thoughts on this??? Seems like my max pressure dropped also at this range.

[Image: SQcgcmtl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it should come as any surprise that obstructive events (FL, OA, H) increased with a lower minimum pressure. In your case the Philips Auto is unresponsive to the events and essentially maintains the minimum pressure all night. If this is more comfortable for you, the results are acceptable. I really don't see how there would be much difference running your machine in CPAP mode rather than Auto because the pressure does not apparently respond to your events or breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 173 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,606 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.