Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year later - Success but too many CA's and Hypopnoeas
Gross 
1 year later - Success but too many CA's and Hypopnoeas
At first I struggled on CPAP therapy. Yes I struggled. After not being able to stay asleep for almost 4 whole months on CPAP, changing 2 masks, brutally taping mouth shut, trying to invent various chin straps from old Tshirts and boycotting and embracing the machine on off for 4 months, I finally fell in love with it. I used to check sleepyhead daily to find magical patterns but since I started sleeping well, I completely stopped reviewing sleepyhead for almost 8 months straight. 

Out of curiosity I imported my data today and was surprised to see fewer OAs, but relatively higher numbers of HAs and CA's.

I am trying to understand why? Is it because of high pressure on the mask or is my brain actually not sending the signals?

Can I tweak my settings to reduce hypopnoeas and centrals? 

While I am quite happy with the numbers, I would really appreciate any help I can get to understanding and reducing the clear airways. 

I am not sure what other screen captures to send, so if anyone can guide me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

[Image: 46YxFLi.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 year later - Success but too many CA's and Hypopnoeas
Congratulations on your success.  If you are sleeping well enjoy it.  The hypos and centrals are not significant if you are doing well.  Don't over analyze success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your event rate is less than one per hour. There is nothing to fix here and the events are normal or better than normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree your monthly average CA rate is 0.27 events per hour nothing to worry about
Post Reply Post Reply
taha, you are doing great.
How do you fell is the question you should be asking yourself?
If the answer is GOOD, then you are just fine.

In fact you are doing very well.  Big Grin
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,628 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,064 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 550 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 307 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 800 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 904 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.