Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 year with CPAP, can't consistently stay under 5 AHI
RE: 1 year with CPAP, can't consistently stay under 5 AHI
and do yourself a favor and keep the level of treatment constant for several days, as you can have good/bad nights.

aside from trying to get the numbers under 5.0, are there other concerns you have? do you feel rested each day?

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your input!

I am in the process of slowly increasing my min pressure to the recommended 13 -14.  My natural sleep position is on my back.  I have been trying to retrain myself to sleep on my sides but this involves waking up repeatedly to adjust my position.  So, even if my numbers are where I want them to be, I still feel tired because of the constantly interrupted sleep.  I appreciate the advice of the cervical collar but don't think at this point I could introduce another unnatural, encumbering thing into my sleep life.  Maybe at some point I will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had similar results as yours.

People on another board said to raise pressure.  But to me the high centrals was the red flag of too much pressure.  Then i had multiple masks and found some did better than others.
I went from 11-14 to 7-11 and use a lot of humidity (initially i would lose 10% of the water in the chamber...now 90%).  Also I rarely go over 9.  I dont know when i saw a pressure of 9. I am always tempted to drop pressure to 5 or 6 but it just does not feel like enough to get sleeping started.  

My AHI some nights is 0.00 and rarely more than 1.0.

Keep a log of your changes and you do not need to wait days and days for results. I would make changes and when i wake up in a few hours check the stats. If it is worse than normal then I undo or try something else.  Dont wait another year. Solve this in a week.

Also pressure support changes helped me when the pressure more closelyfollowed my breathing pattern (i think they call it something "flex" respironics)
Post Reply Post Reply
just kidding: "keep changing things until you get consistent results." how does that make sense?

my numbers are strikingly different one day to another without any machine settings changes.
you are likely enough to be like others, so I'd go with sage advice that seems to be consensus view - modify things one at a time and wait to see the general result.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 118 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,606 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.