Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10 Years of Absolute Misery
RE: 10 Years of Absolute Misery
OP you could open your mouth slightly and then measure yourself for a full face mask. I’ve seen that on a couple sites in my PAP journey. That way when your jaw does drop the mask will already be there and keep sealed...worth a shot since you’ve tried everything else under the sun

That a piece of advice I could’ve used back when I used the F20. I really would’ve been better off with the large not medium cushion
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 12:56 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: All good. If you'd like to upload your CPAP data, I can look at it closer (copy paste everything from SD card, compress as .zip file, upload). Because you're using a Philips machine, it's missing some of the scoring and charts that I'm used to.

I uploaded last nights data early today.  If you go back in the pages I have 3 screenshots of OSCAR.

This pot:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid323760

Oh I misunderstood, so I should upload my entire SD card?  I think its huge, let me see. Its 500MB and I'm zipping it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 01:11 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 12:56 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: All good. If you'd like to upload your CPAP data, I can look at it closer (copy paste everything from SD card, compress as .zip file, upload). Because you're using a Philips machine, it's missing some of the scoring and charts that I'm used to.

I uploaded last nights data early today.  If you go back in the pages I have 3 screenshots of OSCAR.

That's good but I wanted to load the data into OSCAR and look at it myself.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 01:14 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 01:11 PM)SorryIamNormal Wrote:

That's good but I wanted to load the data into OSCAR and look at it myself.

Ok I'm working on moving the files to my desktop, zipping, and then uploading.  ETA 15-20minutes  I even have the SD card from my older Respironics machine (which would chronicle back to 2009, if you want that too).
Post Reply Post Reply
Just the recent data is fine.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 01:35 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: Just the recent data is fine.

I tried to upload it twice but it errored out.  The smallest I could get it is 225mb with 7zip on ultra. 

https://mega.nz/#!3uIXyYQC!sI3OA0__eSwfc...KE6o8Wwcks
Post Reply Post Reply
You have some flow limitation for sure. Is it enough to cause these issues you're having? No clue. You show both flattening of the top of inspiration curve (flow limitation) and likely expiratory pressure intolerance. It's definitely worth trying mouth taping, to see if you're opening your mouth during the night. If there was somewhere in your area where you could affordably rent a ResMed CPAP or even better, BiLevel, that would be fantastic for data. Do you find it difficult to breathe out against the pressure when using CPAP?

I've tried to pick only the parts where your leak rate is low, as high leak will obviously distort your breathing.
[Image: sV1UjLb.png]
[Image: kz0O7Ay.png]
[Image: Jewig5t.png]
[Image: x15N1D9.png]
[Image: CaH3no8.png]
[Image: cgfmnKz.png]
And
This is one example of shallow breathing, there is a good amount of it, particularly when your leak rate is high or after your flow rate waveform has progressively degraded. Possible expiratory mouth puffing?
[Image: aIHtfOp.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2019, 02:19 PM)JoeyWallaby Wrote: And
This is one example of shallow breathing, there is a good amount of it, particularly when your leak rate is high or after your flow rate waveform has progressively degraded. Possible expiratory mouth puffing?
[Image: aIHtfOp.png]

Thank you so much for you analysis.  SleepRider mentioned several times to be to buy the ResMed v10 aircurve Vauto.  It's 800 but I don't have any other option but suffer until Jan 15th.  Then hope the sleep dr agrees and lets me get one.  I'm willing to buy the Vauto if it will help or give better/more data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I just bought a Vauto from supplier two. Hopefully I'll have it next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have discussed the Vauto, but I am concerned about the results of the last trial on variable pressure. I think the Vauto will be comfortable and provide better therapy at lower pressure but using pressure support, however I can't predict how you will react to it. Variations in pressure don't seem to work for you, and the Vauto is deigned to provide different inhale and exhale pressure on every breath and to adjust pressure if necessary for obstruction.

Your last chart shows that with a pressure range of 11.0 to 15 your pressure did not change. The Philips machines have an unfortunate algorithm that causes it to trial pressure increases of 1.5 cm for 2-minutes about every 20 minutes and that was the only variation you had.

I know you could be treated for obstruction at lower pressure, but that you don't feel you have enough air unless pressure is higher. On the Dreamstation, the best fit for that is to set the machine in auto mode, but make the minimum and maximum pressure 14 cm.

Let me talk about what to expect from the Vauto and you can make your own decision. The settings are simple. You choose a minimum exhale pressure and the amount of pressure support you want to assist with your respiration for inhale. During inhale the machine increases pressure to overcome upper airway respiratory resistance that we sometimes see as flow limitation, and as the machine detects you cycling to exhale, the pressure drops off to make exhale easier and more comfortable. It feels effortless to most of us. We can refine those settings to increase and decrease pressure and pressure support and even change the sensitivity of the machine to trigger inhale and cycle to exhale and the minimum and maximum times that inhale pressure is maintained. It is a completely different feel from any Philips machine and most people prefer it.

You have indicated you think you need mandibular advancement surgery to overcome a jaw that recesses into your airway. I think you can achieve mandibular advancement with a soft cervical collar if necessary, but the pressure support of the Vauto can help overcome any airway resistance that you are experiencing. My observations of your CPAP results are that mandibular retreat is not a serious problem for you because you don't have the kind of flow resistance and limitation associated with it. I think you are so desperate for a solution you will throw anything at it including machines and surgery. I know the Vauto can overcome the minor flow limitation, snores, RERA and hypopnea that we see in your results, and help with tidal volume. I don't think you are as much a candidate for MMA as you think. I continue to think you need to further investigate your known Lyme infection as a root cause, both because of where you live, and because the symptom list (Brain Fog, malaise, fatigue, dizziness, aches and pains, headaches, anxiety, mood swings, depression, abdominal pains, nausea, diarrhea, sleep disturbances, stiff neck, transient fever, migrain) is textbook for infection. Please consider it.

The Vauto purchase is up to you. You are stable on CPAP and I have described what to expect from this therapy alternative, but no PAP or surgical solution will fix your problems if we are treating the wrong cause.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 678 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 541 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 291 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.