Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10' hose
10' hose
Does anybody have experience with a 10' hose? I currently have a Slimline hose (approx 6'), am having a ClimateLine hose delivered today (approx 6'), but I am also very interested in the longer hose. (Darn near pulled the machine off the table last night!) ResMed doesn't make one of that length in any diameter, and I know there would be some pressure adjustments necessary to correctly compensate for the increased length (at least of comparable diameter hoses). I would like to hear experiences from any users, including the issue of the larger tube size versus the Slimline.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 10' hose
I started with the SlimLine and now have the ClimateLine. Switching between the two, the S9 made its own adjustments. If you use any other, you have to tell the machine you changed.

As for longer, what the heck are you doing in your sleep? That's SIX FOOT of hose!

Just kidding. Seems long enough until it gets tangled around the pillow, under the handle and....
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2012, 11:15 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: As for longer, what the heck are you doing in your sleep? That's SIX FOOT of hose!

Hey, Paula02, I'm longer than the hose! :grin: And I REALLY don't want to pull the machine, with a full humidifier, off the table. Guess I have to look into other ways to secure it.

I am more investigating than I am seeking to acquire, at this point. My S9 settings only give an option of Slimline or Standard. So, either Standard refers to standard length and diameter, as I suspect, since Resmed doesn't make a longer hose, or it only refers to diameter and disregards length. The latter seems unlikely.

Anyway....
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2012, 12:53 PM)JumpStart Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 11:15 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: As for longer, what the heck are you doing in your sleep? That's SIX FOOT of hose!

Hey, Paula02, I'm longer than the hose! :grin: And I REALLY don't want to pull the machine, with a full humidifier, off the table. Guess I have to look into other ways to secure it.

I am more investigating than I am seeking to acquire, at this point. My S9 settings only give an option of Slimline or Standard. So, either Standard refers to standard length and diameter, as I suspect, since Resmed doesn't make a longer hose, or it only refers to diameter and disregards length. The latter seems unlikely.

Anyway....

It wont matter how long your hose is, you will still pull it off! (Maybe an edit needed there Too-funny ) Ive had it wrapped round my neck, my arm and even my leg. Also Ive woken up with it in my bed, on the floor etc I doubt it would stop if it was longer, it has a mind of its own Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Nearly all machines accommodate 6,8 & 10 feet hoses with no necessary adjustments I switch between a 8 (home) and a 10 footer (for travel) quite often. I travel often, so the 10 ft hose gives me a little xtra length in case of a farther distance to a elec receptacle.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a 10' hose since 1998; I needed it because my machine sits under my bed and the hose runs up through the middle of the headboard and down my left side before doubling back to my nose. Supplier #1 on our list of online DMEs has a standard diameter hoses in all the standard lengths of hose for very reasonable prices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good to know! I wasn't aware of longer hoses being so easy to find. A longer one for travel sounds like a good idea!
Post Reply Post Reply
One further thought regarding longer hose. It would be quite easy to connect two sections of 6' hose together and generate a 12' hose.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
I have only use the standard size and not found a need to go for the longer ones.
Does longer hoses or double in size require some pressure adjustment Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 05:14 PM)zonk Wrote: I have only use the standard size and not found a need to go for the longer ones.
Does longer hoses or double in size require some pressure adjustment Dont-know

I would think so.. basic physics dictates that the pressure will be decreased at the end, the longer the tube. As to how much, someone more schooled in physics than I could help with the correct formula. Pretty sure some machines have settings for longer hoses also.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 227 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,287 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.