Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

10 reasons to go Kiwi
Source: Zespri Kiwifruit
http://zesprikiwi.com/wp-content/uploads...o_Gold.jpg

1- Vitamin C - One serving of kiwifruit has 240% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C! This flu-fighter also wards off the effects of aging and stress, and powers up the immune system.
2- Fiber – Rough makes you smooth – two kiwifruit contain more fiber than a bowl of bran cereal. Fiber promotes
a healthy heart, regular digestion, and helps lower cholesterol levels.
3- Potassium – A serving of kiwifruit has more potassium than a banana. A great fit for active lifestyles, potassium
maintains fluid and electrolyte balance and releases energy during exercise.
4- Low Glycemic Index – Kiwifruit is an excellent addition to any weight-conscious diet as well as being diabetes friendly. With a low glycemic index (52), this low-fat, low-carb fruit makes a satisfying snack.
5- Antioxidant – Kiwifruit is an antioxidant all-star! Antioxidants attack free radicals and harmful by-products in your body, reducing your risk of cancer, heart disease and stroke.
6- Folate – Kiwifruit contains close to 10% of the recommended daily value of folate, vital for the health of mother and child during pregnancy, and for the prevention of birth defects.
7- Magnesium – Two kiwifruit have a healthy 30 mg of magnesium, which powers up energy levels and improves nerve and muscle function.
8- Lutein – This phytochemical found in kiwifruit helps to prevent age-related blindness and protect eyes against environmental stress and high-energy light.
9- Zinc – Important for boys and men because it helps produce testosterone. Everyone else needs the zinc in kiwifruit for healthy hair, skin, teeth and nails.
10- Vitamin E - Kiwifruit is one of the few low-fat sources of this potent cleanser and antioxidant. It also helps to lower cholesterol and boost the immune system.
07-15-2012 04:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

RE: 10 reasons to go Kiwi
I could do the flip side of this with 10 reasons to have a fag (Thats smoke) Ive now been cold turkey for 2 weeks although it looks like I ate a few of the turkeys lol.

[Image: 6263037-a-fish-smoking-a-cigarette-on-black-background.jpg]
07-15-2012 12:12 PM
mjbearit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS550
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(07-15-2012 04:31 AM)zonk Wrote:  Source: Zespri Kiwifruit

1- Vitamin C - One serving of kiwifruit has 240% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C! This flu-fighter also wards off the effects of aging and stress, and powers up the immune system.
2- Fiber – Rough makes you smooth – two kiwifruit contain more fiber than a bowl of bran cereal. Fiber promotes
a healthy heart, regular digestion, and helps lower cholesterol levels.
3- Potassium – A serving of kiwifruit has more potassium than a banana. A great fit for active lifestyles, potassium
maintains fluid and electrolyte balance and releases energy during exercise.
4- Low Glycemic Index – Kiwifruit is an excellent addition to any weight-conscious diet as well as being diabetes friendly. With a low glycemic index (52), this low-fat, low-carb fruit makes a satisfying snack.
5- Antioxidant – Kiwifruit is an antioxidant all-star! Antioxidants attack free radicals and harmful by-products in your body, reducing your risk of cancer, heart disease and stroke.
6- Folate – Kiwifruit contains close to 10% of the recommended daily value of folate, vital for the health of mother and child during pregnancy, and for the prevention of birth defects.
7- Magnesium – Two kiwifruit have a healthy 30 mg of magnesium, which powers up energy levels and improves nerve and muscle function.
8- Lutein – This phytochemical found in kiwifruit helps to prevent age-related blindness and protect eyes against environmental stress and high-energy light.
9- Zinc – Important for boys and men because it helps produce testosterone. Everyone else needs the zinc in kiwifruit for healthy hair, skin, teeth and nails.
10- Vitamin E - Kiwifruit is one of the few low-fat sources of this potent cleanser and antioxidant. It also helps to lower cholesterol and boost the immune system.

Nope, it's green.....it's always green. No matter how long you wait it does not get ripe! I don't trust any fruit that stays green!

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
07-15-2012 03:19 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(07-15-2012 03:19 PM)mjbearit Wrote:  Nope, it's green.....it's always green. No matter how long you wait it does not get ripe! I don't trust any fruit that stays green!
Have you tried the golden variety....its much sweeter .....Enjoy Licklips
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 06:29 PM by zonk.)
07-15-2012 04:48 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Mmmm.... kiwis.....now I want one.

I'd eat more but they are ghastly expensive.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-15-2012 07:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Explosions, Small Reasons zonk 0 1,168 10-16-2012 02:21 PM
Last Post: zonk