Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user
10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user
Hello to all, and let me thank you in advance for any help or advice that of you may offer.

I've been a CPAP user for 10 or so years with the ResMed s9, just started using my new ResMed a10 apap, yesterday. Don't have insurance or a dr. at the moment, either.  I pretty much plugged in my older numbers into this new machine.  I'm trying to read and understand the graphs, but a little over my head when it comes to what I should do to improve my numbers, or if even my numbers are that bad?  I felt like I slept great.  Only woke up one time in the middle of the night.  I side sleep, mostly.  

I always used the swift fx nasal pillows for years.  My first new type of mask last night, and its the resmed p10.  I love it.  It feels great and comfortable to me.  I felt like it was on pretty good, also.  I never felt any leakage.  I like to turn my CPAP on when I get in bed and watch movies till I get tired, also.  I left it on auto humidification, auto ramp, etc.  I had it on probably an hour before I fell asleep.

If there's any other info I should share, please let me know.  I Haden't been very serious the past few years with my therapy, and I'm trying to get back into the habit of making sure things are set correctly and I can understand them.  I don't have insurance or can afford a dr. at the moment.  Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I did read about trying to get the charts setup correctly and screenshot info correctly.  I'm using a Mac so not sure I did everything exactly right.

Thanks,
Terry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user
As a veteran user, you are accustomed to the machine and your results are good in terms of AHI. Like you, I also went from the Swift FX to the P10 and liked the quieter, lighter mask. It's a natural progression. There is nothing wrong with your current settings and you would be fine to leave them as-is. Your respiratory statistics look very healthy! That said, the residual issues are mainly hypopnea and some RERA and a few OA. That's all obstructive, and it's going to respond better to EPR at 3 instead of 2.

I prefer to see more stable pressures to minimize sleep disruption, so in your case, I would probably set the minimum pressure at 12.0 with EPR 3 and allow a maximum pressure of 15.0. I doubt you will notice much difference other than it will drop the flow limitation a bit, and that may reduce the RERA and H events. You indicate you're using ramp while still awake. I'm fine with that, but most people that have been using the therapy as long as you and I don't bother with ramp. My presse starts at 13/9 and your will start at 11/8 (inhale/exhale) with the settings suggested, and I think they will feel pretty good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user
Thank you for the suggestions.  I'm going to input them for tonight.  Feels so good to have a new system and new mask setup.  I love numbers and seeing what everything means and trying to get them better.  I'm a total geek like that. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 462 48 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 131 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.