Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10 year cpap user - new machine
10 year cpap user - new machine
Hello,

Just found this wonderful site and had a question about settings for a new AirSense 10 Autoset machine. I tried to post a image of lasts nights data but was notified I needed 4 posts before I could do so. Anyway I look forward to reading all the advice contained here!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 10 year cpap user - new machine
If you have the image posted on Imgur, just add a space to the URL like H ttp://xxx, and we can retrieve it. Welcome to the forum John.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow that was quick!  I sure hope you are rewarded is some way for the amount of work you put into this site.

here is the link

http s://imgur.com/syykmLa

John
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: syykmLa.png]

Settings are 6.4-11, EPR and Ramp off.  Event rate shows a few hypopnea scattered through the night and a single OA, and a cluster of CA in the morning.  Unless that cluster of CA occurs during the night, and more frequently, I'm inclined to disregard it as awakening or sleep disruption. They also correspond with periods of higher leaks suggesting a sleep disturbance.  The obstructive index is under 1.3 so you are in a pretty effective range, but I might take minimum pressure to 7.0 with the idea of minimizing those events.  Your maximum actual pressure was 9.4 so your current maximum pressure doesn't really come into play.  Work on a few mouth leaks, and you look excellent here.

For future reference, if you decide to enable EPR, watch for increases in CA events, and offset the reduction in exhale pressure with an increase in minimum pressure. EPR might improve tidal volume and is effective in some cases for hypopnea, but it can also increase CA in some people.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect! Just the advice I was looking for. Thank you very much for the help.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jminminnesota,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and I hope you like your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 13 215 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 36 2,365 Yesterday, 03:42 AM
Last Post: leono85
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,356 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 86 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 4 163 03-14-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,447 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,373 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.