Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

107 Days In -- Looking for Feedback
(09-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Dee digits Wrote: Is a "CA" a counted awakening? Sorry, I'm a recently diagnosed ApneaoidBigwink

CA is short for "central apnea" or "clear airway apnea" The machine doesn't know if you're awake or asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Dee digits Wrote: Is a "CA" a counted awakening? Sorry, I'm a recently diagnosed ApneaoidBigwink
Awake events seen in sleep lab test are discarded. The machine cannot be sure whether you're awake or asleep when scoring such events

What is the diagnoses and titration test

Welcome to the forum and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Clear Airway is part of AHI number.

AHI = AI + HI = number of events per hour (obstructive + central + unknown + hypopnea)

Total AI = number of events per hour (obstructive + central + unknown)

AHI - AI = Hypopnea Index = number of hypopnea per hours
Post Reply Post Reply

No it means "Clear Airway" and it also means that you stopped breathing for at least 10 seconds while your airway was open, not blocked. Many if not most such events are "Central" apneas where your brain forgets to breath for awhile. But the machine can't actually tell that for sure. You need electrodes on your head to detect that.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dee digits, welcome to Apnea Board!

Our Wiki has a List of Acronyms and a Glosary of Terms.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for you replies to my question. I underwent the second sleep study the night of the 14th. Sleep tech started me out at a 4 and had to increase that higher sometime later.
Post Reply Post Reply

I turned off all comfort features and just ran straight air. Increased pressure until I felt better in the morning.
This was on an older, non-smart machine. See how it goes with my new AirSense 10 Elite.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question 5 Days Using and Still Waking Up Every 2 Hrs... Roxxy 10 365 02-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Roxxy
  Feedback On My Polysomnogram Summary? harmon k 6 179 02-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Beej
  First 12 days ppca 8 334 01-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Tired two days after a bad night sleep MouthBreatha 3 231 01-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: richb
Question 4 Days on first Smart Machine (Good AHI, but lots of events) kacn6771 6 486 12-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] One Year in and still have tired days Sleepyv 17 835 12-01-2016, 02:58 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Idea What is it about the first 90 days? txpap 2 406 11-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Spy Car