Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

107 Days In -- Looking for Feedback
(09-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Dee digits Wrote: Is a "CA" a counted awakening? Sorry, I'm a recently diagnosed ApneaoidBigwink

CA is short for "central apnea" or "clear airway apnea" The machine doesn't know if you're awake or asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Dee digits Wrote: Is a "CA" a counted awakening? Sorry, I'm a recently diagnosed ApneaoidBigwink
Awake events seen in sleep lab test are discarded. The machine cannot be sure whether you're awake or asleep when scoring such events

What is the diagnoses and titration test

Welcome to the forum and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Clear Airway is part of AHI number.

AHI = AI + HI = number of events per hour (obstructive + central + unknown + hypopnea)

Total AI = number of events per hour (obstructive + central + unknown)

AHI - AI = Hypopnea Index = number of hypopnea per hours
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

No it means "Clear Airway" and it also means that you stopped breathing for at least 10 seconds while your airway was open, not blocked. Many if not most such events are "Central" apneas where your brain forgets to breath for awhile. But the machine can't actually tell that for sure. You need electrodes on your head to detect that.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Your brain is not the boss.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dee digits, welcome to Apnea Board!

Our Wiki has a List of Acronyms and a Glosary of Terms.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for you replies to my question. I underwent the second sleep study the night of the 14th. Sleep tech started me out at a 4 and had to increase that higher sometime later.
Post Reply Post Reply

I turned off all comfort features and just ran straight air. Increased pressure until I felt better in the morning.
This was on an older, non-smart machine. See how it goes with my new AirSense 10 Elite.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  200+ days in, no real improvement, docs have no clues. BobbyK 16 409 11-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Encore Viewer and Basic: only four days of details? mhorowit 4 126 11-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  I'd like to present myself and the clinical case. Uploading graphs in a few days. watino 10 354 10-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Last Post: watino
  Feedback for a complete newbie? [still tired] dentedcan 13 330 10-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  [Diagnosis] 60 days in, random results ozcedric 1 144 09-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  concerns of hypopnea index numbers on some days ckingzzzs 5 291 09-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ckingzzzs
  [Treatment] Need feedback on inconsistent results fog.apnea 24 784 09-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla