Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

107 Days In -- Looking for Feedback
RE: 107 Days In -- Looking for Feedback
(09-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Dee digits Wrote: Is a "CA" a counted awakening? Sorry, I'm a recently diagnosed ApneaoidBigwink

CA is short for "central apnea" or "clear airway apnea" The machine doesn't know if you're awake or asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 04:24 PM)Dee digits Wrote: Is a "CA" a counted awakening? Sorry, I'm a recently diagnosed ApneaoidBigwink
Awake events seen in sleep lab test are discarded. The machine cannot be sure whether you're awake or asleep when scoring such events

What is the diagnoses and titration test

Welcome to the forum and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Clear Airway is part of AHI number.

AHI = AI + HI = number of events per hour (obstructive + central + unknown + hypopnea)

Total AI = number of events per hour (obstructive + central + unknown)

AHI - AI = Hypopnea Index = number of hypopnea per hours
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

No it means "Clear Airway" and it also means that you stopped breathing for at least 10 seconds while your airway was open, not blocked. Many if not most such events are "Central" apneas where your brain forgets to breath for awhile. But the machine can't actually tell that for sure. You need electrodes on your head to detect that.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dee digits, welcome to Apnea Board!

Our Wiki has a List of Acronyms and a Glosary of Terms.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...efinitions

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for you replies to my question. I underwent the second sleep study the night of the 14th. Sleep tech started me out at a 4 and had to increase that higher sometime later.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned off all comfort features and just ran straight air. Increased pressure until I felt better in the morning.
This was on an older, non-smart machine. See how it goes with my new AirSense 10 Elite.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 234 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 348 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 420 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 338 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 535 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.