Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

10th night, and all is wonderful!
10th night, and all is wonderful!
Well...just completed my 10th night and think I have things working now. The dangling hose thing was pulling on my mask and bothering me all night. Last night I draped it over the headboard...leaving enough length that I could sleep on either side. Also re-adjusted the head bands of my nasal pillow. Woke up only once that I am aware of...rolled over and went right back to sleep. Still felt foggy this morning, but wow it felt good that hanging the hose has made this much difference. Onward and upward now. I go back in 2 weeks to pick out a machine, and will get the tech to see if she thinks I am getting any leaks, but I don't notice any myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 10th night, and all is wonderful!
Great news; keep up the good work.

If the top of the headboard is too high, you could run the hose up between the mattress and the headboard depending on where the machine is located. The headboard on my bed is open metal-work, so I run the hose through the middle of it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 07:47 AM)bobg1946 Wrote: Great news; keep up the good work.

If the top of the headboard is too high, you could run the hose up between the mattress and the headboard depending on where the machine is located. The headboard on my bed is open metal-work, so I run the hose through the middle of it.

Thanks...yes, part of my headboard is also metal, so I threaded it through that area. Wow, I am so excited. It is funny how thinking of problem things can weigh you down..lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you! It is not something that you can get used to overnight.
You'll keep finding little tricks to make using the machine a little mor comfortable.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
yep...a work in progress I am sure!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Hopefully it would be just wonderful on the 100th....1000th...10000 nights ......and so on Bed
Post Reply Post Reply
8 yrs x 365 = 2,920. Subtract ten (5 on a trip and 5 with power out). That's a lot of good nights!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 02:48 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: 8 yrs x 365 = 2,920. Subtract ten (5 on a trip and 5 with power out). That's a lot of good nights!
There is a math professor on board Cleaver

Post Reply Post Reply
HA! I used the kal-kue-kee-later on my iPod Touch.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 07:34 AM)kitley Wrote: I go back in 2 weeks to pick out a machine, and will get the tech to see if she thinks I am getting any leaks, but I don't notice any myself.

Call them up and ask them what brand of machines they sell. Do some research and get a fully data-capable machine. (Does the machine you have now even record leaks? Your AHI?)

Also, you may want a auto-PAP instead of a CPAP. The insurance code is the same for both types, but the auto-PAP is a bit more expensive.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,234 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.