Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

11 year old CPAP
RE: 11 year old CPAP
Mary, Medicare should pay for the sleep study AND your new machine, less the deductible. If you have secondary insurance they help with that. I have Medicare and TriCare4 Life and pay nothing for study, machine and all replacement parts. Check this out!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2018, 11:32 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: My suggestion is to buy a Dreamstation Auto from Amazon. You need an upgraded machine since these machines are only designed for roughly 15,000 hours.   Then search for the machine you have now on Craigslist, Offerup or Supplier #2 on the Suppliers list tab up above.  Give Supplier #2 a call or email and tell them exactly what you want and that you would be happy to take something that has more hours.

I'm still trying to find my way with all the new CPAPs that have come out in the last decade.  How does the Dreamstation Auto work?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the slides from A Phillips CEU course on Advanced Algorithim for CPAP (and Auto CPAP).  These could easily be more than you are ready for.

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.gameshme.or...s_2016.pdf

These are for education only.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're happy with what you've got and really don't wish to get a newer model, look at Supplier #2. There's a "Respironics System One DS260 REMstar Plus w/ Heated Humidifier" for $415, and a bunch of M Series REMstar Plus for under $200 (all "gently used") and matching humidifiers for $70. Is that what you're looking for?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2018, 12:20 PM)kowlooner Wrote: If you're happy with what you've got and really don't wish to get a newer model, look at Supplier #2. There's a "Respironics System One DS260 REMstar Plus w/ Heated Humidifier" for $415, and a bunch of M Series REMstar Plus for under $200 (all "gently used") and matching humidifiers for $70.  Is that what you're looking for?

You realize that all of those machines are dumb bricks, outdated and over-priced, right?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2018, 12:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 12:20 PM)kowlooner Wrote: If you're happy with what you've got and really don't wish to get a newer model, look at [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #2. There's a "Respironics System One DS260 REMstar Plus w/ Heated Humidifier" for $415, and a bunch of M Series REMstar Plus for under $200 (all "gently used") and matching humidifiers for $70.  Is that what you're looking for?

You realize that all of those machines are dumb bricks, outdated and over-priced, right?

The original poster also specifically said: "So the problem is how do I go about replacing this unit.  It has been good, it works, I wouldn't mind another one for the next 11 years."
Post Reply Post Reply
That is operating under the assumption that something made in 2017 will last 11 years like something made in 2007 did.
Factories move, processes and materials change, workers retire and are replaced with millennials..... Wink

Also, the owner of a '75 Corolla who is happy with it will be happy with it until it finally dies.
When they replace it with a '14 Corolla, they ask why they waited so long and realize they've been missing out.

Particularly if the "dumb old brick" is priced comparably with a more modern unit that can be monitored, there's no reason not to move forward.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you only use it at home I would get a stand alone humidifier for it.
All you need to buy is the humidifier and a short hose.
By the time you fix the old humidifier it is not worth it.
Unless you know someone who works in electronics to check out the humidifier itself it is not worth the bother, just buy a stand alone one.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,078 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 271 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 159 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,720 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 332 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 852 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 595 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.