Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

110% truly fed up!!!
110% truly fed up!!!
So my AHI readings are good and my sleep nurse is telling me my treatment is going well etc, my wife tells me I’m not snoring however I’m still ***** worn out and tired! My mouths full of mouth ulcers and I feel dreadful. All I want to do is sleep like all the time I’m worn out. I take multi vitamins to try keep my immune system up etc.

Any help anyone??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 110% truly fed up!!!
Sorry about your troubles. Cpap can be frustrating at times. Do you know the source of your mouth ulcers? I don’t recall anyone complaining of those from cpap before. And if you post a few screenshots we may be able to help you.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah my mouth ulcers are basically the herpes virus same as cold cores triggered through stress and being run down! I don’t get it at all
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to mention had blood work done recently and all came back normal so no deficiencies or underlying illnesses
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the best thing you can do is call your doctor. He can help treat the ulcers and also prescribed something for stress and anxiety.

On another note...you stated in another thread that you were thinking of not using the humidifier. That may aggravate your current condition.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I abandoned the humidifier merely down to laziness of filling and cleaning it and also not really knowing how to set it up properly. I just stuck everything on auto and expected that to be right.

I sleep in a cold room, my windows are open and it’s 0-3 degrees Celsius here and freezing. I have the Resmed heated climate line on auto too. Maybe if I knew how to set it up properly I would find it more beneficial.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be wrong but that ice cold air is going to cause serious rainout at any setting even with a heated hose. At the mask at the very least. My room is roughly 68F, don’t know the conversion of the top of my head, and if I have mine set on a humidity of 5 and a hose temp less than 86F I get water in my mask. Not much but enough to drip. YMMV. Here is the chart for humidification https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...sa_eng.pdf
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
0-3 degrees C is 32-37.5 degrees F, polar bear and penguins territory

the settings on the humidifier may not help but there is a range of humidity settings from a low to a high number, higher means more humidity ResMed goes from 0-8 and I think a DreamStation is 0-5 both should have OFF and Auto or Manual settings as well, heated hose on ResMed goes from 60 to 86 and OFF with Auto or Manual. At your room temperature, rainout may exist at any setting but I'm not certain. I'm not sure if your profile info is up to date, but if so a default wide open 4-20 pressure sounds like it's not set to your personal therapy needs still, default settings typically set patients up to fail not succeed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will go back to trying and persevering with humidification. Yes I’m Airsense 10 auto. So how do I got about setting up a range of settings for me?

Review my sleep data and look to see what my pressure is over a week? Month? And set pressures either side of that??
Post Reply Post Reply
We suggest getting OSCAR for viewing data. Follow standard chart view as suggested in my signature link. You can give a post of a night or two to get assistance on what pressures are best. It may take a bit of adjusting, but most adults aren't getting therapy or enough air on 4. BTW it's not a mark against you, it's docs or machine suppliers that issue default settings without much in the way of follow-up support. Each person needs personalized settings. We'll help you get the best therapy possible. Best wishes it'll happen soon David.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.