Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

110% truly fed up!!!
RE: 110% truly fed up!!!
            Previously had them swabbed by the doctor and tested so know it to be herpes virus. Please see attached oscar....
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
This may be of interest to you if you ave not already come across it:

The virus remains latent in the body and the reactivation causes Herpes zoster (shingles). ... There is also evidence that inadequate sleep, especially Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) may result in a weakened immune system, which is a potential factor in the reactivation of Varicella-Zoster virus.Feb 8, 2018

[/url]Association Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea ... - ePosters

https://www.eposters.net › poster › association-between-obstructive-sleep-ap..
[url=https://www.eposters.net/poster/association-between-obstructive-sleep-apnea-nightmare-disorder-and-incident-herpes-zoster]

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
David,
All of your charts look really good.  Most of us would love to have the AHI readings that you have.  You do have some fragmented sleep though which is probably due to your current medical issue.

But what is most important is how you feel, and you main complaints seem to be adjusting for humidity and the sores in your mouth, which isn't likely caused by Cpap therapy.
Hopefully, your doc is treating you for this with meds and proper hygiene.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You sleep for a couple hours then have an enormous 6hr gap in your sleep. Then you have 8 hours of sleep. Not sure what is causing you to be awake for so long.

Also, are you sleeping those 8 hours or just tossing and turning?

Numbers mean nothing if you are lying awake and not really asleep.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2020, 09:12 PM)70sSanO Wrote: You sleep for a couple hours then have an enormous 6hr gap in your sleep.  Then you have 8 hours of sleep.  Not sure what is causing you to be awake for so long.

Also, are you sleeping those 8 hours or just tossing and turning?

Numbers mean nothing if you are lying awake and not really asleep.

John

I assume those short mid day periods are afternoon naps.

The overnight data does show breaks too though. 

Trying to get consistent sleep and following good sleep hygiene principals might help some.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I have naps in the days as I’m always so tired....worn out in fact. It’s now 3am and I’m awake as i always am at 3am. It’s like clockwork I’ll wake up exactly the same time every night. Right now I feel exhausted like I’ve not slept but know I’ll be awake for a couple of hours not able to get back to sleep. I toss and turn constantly during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your cpap is under control. You need to figure out what other issues are affecting your sleep (insomnia etc) and how to better deal with them.

Naps, inconsistent sleep time, cold room. Just a few things that are poor sleep hygiene that may be affecting your sleep cycle.

Was your sleep study at home for obstructive apnea only or was it in clinic and have information about leg movements, arousals etc?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a home sleep study
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.