Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

12mm hose on Dreamstation
12mm hose on Dreamstation
I just discovered that my dreamstation APAP wasn't at the latest software level (1.1.1) and was able to get it upgraded today (recommended for all dreamstation users).  That upgrade fixed the panel light not dimming issue....but it also added the ability to use the travel cpap (dreamstation-go) 12mm hose which is apparently more flexible, easier to pack than the 15mm I have...and I do a fair amount of travelling.  Unfortunately, no one locally actually stocks that hose, so there is no way to see if it's worth the $40 (vs $10 for the stock 15mm hose).  I have confirmed with Respironics that the hose will fit and work, even though all the literature they have says it won't (I guess no one updates anything these days).

Does anyone have any experience with the 12mm hose vs the 15mm hose?

I seem to be blocked from posting in the equipment forums (new user) which is why I'm posting here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 12mm hose on Dreamstation
Works great on the DreamStation Go. I've also used the larger 15mm the only noticeable difference is noise. The smaller diameter seems to be louder. For travel I pack the 12mm and for home I use the 15mm and sometimes the 22mm on my DreamStation Auto home unit. I'm using the Dreamwear mask and with the home unit and 22mm hose I find the noise level to be at its lowest. Your mileage may vary!

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Just tried putting the 12mm hose from my GO on my regular unit, no dice.
Maybe it needs an adapter. But it doesn't fit onto the heated connection from the humidifier.
As to the noise, the GO is louder, due to the smaller diameter hose.
However, it's soothing to me and I have no issue with it. Maybe I'm Darth's lost kid. :-)
One thing for sure, I'm very happy with the Philips DreamStation lineup.
Post Reply Post Reply
The much more compact Dreamstation Go 12mm hose is so much easier to use and to pack than the standard ResMed or Dreamstation 15mm.

I do not notice more noise with the 12mm than with the 15mm, perhaps because I am asleep quickly with the 12mm. Definitely worth its price.
Post Reply Post Reply
David....do you think there's any way to get the 12mm hose to fit my standard size dreamstation which now (with the 1.1.1 update) has a setting for a 12mm hose. Is the fitting at the CPAP end different than on a standard 15mm hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
I own a ResMed S9, which uses a 15mm hose, but not a full size Dreamstation. l also own a Dreamstation Go, which uses a 12mm hose.

The connections of these two hoses at the A/CPAP side are very different. The 15mm is a friction sleeve; the 12mm has a clicking mechanism.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 08:03 PM)Tampa Jim Wrote: Just tried putting the 12mm hose from my GO on my regular unit, no dice.
Maybe it needs an adapter. But it doesn't fit onto the heated connection from the humidifier.

I have the same problem: the 12mm tubing which came with the GO (and which is, apparently, the only 12 mm tubing out there I could find) wouldn't fit the the "regular" Dreamstation -- neither with nor without the humidifier. 

Has anybody been able to find a way to connect the 12 mm tubing to Dreamstation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Why do you want to use Dreamstation Go tubing with a standard machine? As far as I know, there is no commercial adapter that enables the connection of 12 mm tubing to the standard 22 mm output of CPAP machines. I think you're stuck with using heated, standard or 15 mm tubing on the Dreamstation or Airsense machines. In other words the tube and mask is not interchangeable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2018, 03:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Why do you want to use Dreamstation Go tubing with a standard machine?  

Because it is much lighter and overall more convenient.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 89 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,710 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 298 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 583 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 271 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 653 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,395 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.