Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

14 Years on BiPap and Study Says I'm Cured?
RE: 14 Years on BiPap and Study Says I'm Cured?
It's possible you have another issue that bipap is protecting you from. For instance, my bro has reduced lung capacity. He virtually never has events yet he would die without the bipap. However, they know going into a study that he has this issue. I don't believe in placebo events using an xpap. My sister clearly did not need an xpap after her surgery - she was never feeling tired afterwards and she did clearly before the surgery so the problem was resolved. The fact that you feel like crap without the bipap means they are missing something, IMHO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2017, 09:20 PM)Checkerboard Wrote: How exactly are sleep study reports shared on the forum here? I could scan the relevant pages but I would need to obscure (somehow) personal references, etc. I have the one from this past July.

Most people scan documents to an image format like jpg or png and host it on Imgur.  The screenshots you see of #Sleepyhead software are PNG, and that capability is built into the software by touching the F12 key.  In your case, you could scan to Acrobat and convert to an image or go directly to an image.  If hosted on Imgur, the images can include forum tags that display the image [ img] or event link back to the original [URL][IMG]...

Instructions are in the second link in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the PSG lines to look at is SpO2. Even without apnea, you may have very low oxygen levels. Also I tend to look for anomalies in tidal volume and respiratory rate to see if going without a machine has caused a problem. Most of us with severe OSA do not suddenly heal, but our bodies have learned to keep breathing without the machines; we just feel miserable afterward. I just can't figure out how or why you got roped into doing another diagnostic study.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 0 50 Yesterday, 01:18 PM
Last Post: nikkib9899
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 203 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 57 5,615 03-07-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 223 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.