Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

15 days
15 days
Well I have been using my CPAP for 15 nights now and had started feeling better at least more energy during the day.
The results are all over the place at the moment ranging from 1.7 up to 24 (better then 32 I suppose).
If I settle down at night the AHI is low but if I move around the mask starts leaking and my AHI raises. Normal I suppose.
One question I have is about the central apnea. I believe from reading is that the brain "forgets" to send breathe messages. Is there away around this? Or am I destined to occasionally forget to breathe Thinking-about ?
A few nights ago I had 8 Central Apneas with a duration of 15 seconds.

Adrian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 15 days
Adrian, it's incredibly common to have a few central apneas starting out. Stick with it, and they'll most likely improve.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry too much about the events until you get leakage under control. I'm not sure but I think the machine might misinterpret what's going on when massive leaks are occurring.

I am doing really well now, AHI is less than one. I still have an occasional night from hell when major leaks wake me up several times and when I look at the data I can see the big leaks coinciding with multiple events...in clusters. All those numbers will settle down with more use.

I think when I get frustrated in the middle of the night, I thrash around causing even more leaks, all to the delight of my wife. If you are having some nights with good results, then you are capable of doing that more consistently with some time and experience.

I also had CAs in the beginning and is still get the occasional one but I think a bit of that is normal for most people. Nice thing is that when I machines sense that, it does some things to correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen posts where members report how long an event lasts. I can't see how to determine that. Anyone help me with that? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=586]
(12-04-2013, 10:36 AM)me50 Wrote: I have seen posts where members report how long an event lasts. I can't see how to determine that. Anyone help me with that? Thanks.
\
ME50 click on the Detailed Graphs tab at the top. About five graphs down is "events". There should be little lollypop looking signs on this graph. In the top part of each lollypop is a number telling how many seconds it lasted. I think if it's less than ten, it doesn't register, or it shows as just a little square down on the line. I think it calls those hypopneas. Should look like this.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Adrianf,
It sounds like you are off to a good start. Hang in there with it and things will get better as you use the machine.
Stick around for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2013, 11:03 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I think if it's less than ten, it doesn't register, or it shows as just a little square down on the line. I think it calls those hypopneas.
Hi drgrimes
You,re correct, an apnea has to last 10 seconds or more to be scored , the same also apply scoring hypopnea (10 seconds or more)
Hypopnea are not quite as apneas, you don,t completely stop breathing (only partial obstructions) some air still get to the lungs

Post Reply Post Reply
with all events other than hypopneas, there is a square box with a number in it on my graph
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2013, 03:59 PM)me50 Wrote: with all events other than hypopneas, there is a square box with a number in it on my graph
ME50 yes you are right on closer look what I thought looked like lollypops are squares. The screen on my laptop is small OR my eyes are getting old and seeing things a little off. I usually study this stuff at 6am.

Post Reply Post Reply
well, lollipops are better than squares lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,096 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 502 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.