Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

18 Year CPAP Dieing. Is Data Recording Needed?
RE: 18 Year CPAP Dieing. Is Data Recording Needed?
It is not something you need on a day to day basis. My first machine - it may have had it but I never pulled any data and did just fine. Now I may look at data if I am having a problem or want to make a change. For most folks out there a feature like DeVillbiss' SmartCode would be sufficient 99% of the time, I'm guessing. Some folks like to look at data daily and that makes them feel good. For those, yeah, reporting is important.

Spend a little extra and get a data-capable auto machine. It will provide the most flexibility.

Oh, and I'm happy. I found today that Dallas' fabled AOR station from the late 70s through the 80s - KZEW - is back on the air!! Well on the internet air at least.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, alrighty then... Apparently I need to join the 21st century! Almost 20 years ago, my entire sleep study from Kaiser consisted of one of those "Pulse Ox" things clamped to the end of my finger at home for one night. I guess it recorded the amount of oxygen in my blood and they prescribed the device based on that information. After reading a number of posts, its looking like I may want to push for a more in depth sleep study! I want to thank all those folks that took the time to respond to my post. One last question. Does one small travel CPAP that runs on both 110v and 12v stand above the rest as far as bang for the buck? I currently have 2 CPAP's but both are huge and a pain to haul around. In addition, from the looks of things, both of them are no longer made. One is a Devilbiss and the other is a Res Med. Both are old as dirt . (Almost 20 years) I clearly need to get with the program. Thanks again...
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are looking for a machine that runs on native 12V DC without further adapter, you are going to want to look at the Phillips Respironics line or the DeVillbiss Intellipap (version 1 is great in this regard, I don't know much about version 2). The Phillips Respironics Series 60 (model 560 is the data capable auto machine) is still a great machine even though PR has a newer model out. It looks prettier, but I don't know what else it does that the PR 60 series won't. Mine runs all the time off of 12 V power supply - either that or a 12 V battery if the power fails. If you hook up a 12 V battery to the DeVillbiss and the main cord, it will switch back and forth without any outside appliance.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
The travel CPAPs cost more, don't include heated humidifier or heated hose, and are generally louder. The easiest machines to run on native 12 volt power are the Philips Respiraonics Dreamstation Auto and System One 60 Series Auto (discontinued). Resmed machines are all 24 volt and require a $75 proprietary voltage up-converter in addition to any batteries.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 36 2,365 Yesterday, 03:42 AM
Last Post: leono85
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 50 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,356 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 77 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 123 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 143 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.