Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar help [Hi AHI in Aircurve 10 ST-A]
Oscar help [Hi AHI in Aircurve 10 ST-A]
I’ve been on a CPAP for the last year and just stated Bipap therapy in the last few days so I’m still getting used to it. My Apneas have increased so far from when I was on CPAP. Not sure I like the change, it’s a weird feeling of not breathing on my own but hopefully I’ll get used to it. I also have a backup rate. I know I need to increase usage. I have  central Apneas and I’m sure that’s the reason for the bipap. My AHI’s were usually 9-14 on CPAP/APAP. I’m trying to understand the charts. What are unclassified Apneas, are those the centrals or possibly a leaky mask?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar help [Hi AHI in Aircurve 10 ST-A]
G'day Catseye. Welcome to Apnea Board.

There's obviously a problem here, so I'm going to ask a few questions...

1. Please re-post your Oscar chart in the format suggested in our wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization Post several days' worth if you can, to see if we can spot any trends.

2. You mentioned you had central apneas. Were these pre-existing (did they show up on your diagnostic sleep test) or were they treatment-emergent?

3. Do you have a copy of your diagnostic and titration sleep test results? If not, you should get them. If so, please post them here - the full test with charts & tables, not just the summary. Make sure your remove your name, date of birth and other identifying information.

4. The Aircurve 10 ST-A is a very sophisticated (and expensive) machine. Do you know why you were prescribed this particular machine? Do you have COPD or other respiratory conditions which could explain the choice of an ST-A? Or anything like congestive heart failure?

You asked about unclassified apnea: Many Resmed machines don't bother testing whether an apnea is central or obstructive - they just get on and fix it. The fact you have so many indicates this approach is not working for you, ad we will need to make some adjustments. But first we need to see the underlying data.

Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Can you provide these charts
Events
Flow Rate
Flow Limits
Pressure
Leak Rate
Snores
Also copy all the settings from the machine and turn off the pie chart (from the preferences)
especially want to see the setting from the machine for the backup rate. A PS of 4 is very unusual for use with a backup rate.
Also provide a couple of 2-3 minute views of the UAs so we can see wht they are.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will be interesting to see your revised chart. As best I can tell you are using a simple fixed bilevel mode (ST), at a pressure of 14/10. Your machine is not in a mode or settings that can assist with central apnea or hypopnea, and your results are pretty awful as a result. As Deepbreathing said, your machine is quite sophisticated and expensive, but it is setup in a dumb way, so those functions are not in play. I think your first stop is to verify your prescription so we can verify the machine is setup as your doctor intended. Your machine is capable of automatic adjustement of EPAP and using variable pressure support to resolve hypopnea and centrals as needed. What was your diagnosis and how did you end up with the ST-A? For most people the correct therapy for central and mixed apnea is the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,502 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.