Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake
RE: 1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake
ezdrifler,
What is the name on the machine? Is a ResMed or Phillips Respironics.
Look on the machine for a complete name and model.

Even though it's a loaner, there should be a built in humidifier with it. And no, these machines with humidifier do not create steam.

You are thinking of a room Humidifier that would create steam.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a Philips Respironics System One

is just a squarebox of about 5"x6" wide and 4" tall, I was told to just plug it in and push the button when ready, then it just starts blowing air.

We had some cold air nights, I am in San Diego so cold here is not bad, but the air that comes into my nose feels cold and dry
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 03:50 PM)ezdrifler Wrote: Its a Philips Respironics System One

is just a squarebox of about 5"x6" wide and 4" tall, I was told to just plug it in and push the button when ready, then it just starts blowing air.

We had some cold air nights, I am in San Diego so cold here is not bad, but the air that comes into my nose feels cold and dry

Wow, they gave you a machine to use without a humidifier! I know it's just a loaner, so if I were you when you are ready for a permanent machine, be sure to specify what you want. And tell them you need humidity!

Be sure you request a data capable auto Cpap with heated humidifier and heated hose. Oh-jeez

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ill make sure to talk to my doctor about it, such a waste to give you a machine you cant use...
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the nasal rinse and oh man fir the last hour ive been in miserable burning sensation from the back of my nose, used the ready to use kit but it appears the back of my troath is so irritated that the rinse was like putting alcohol in a cut, minutes after the rinse my nose is completely blocked again, cpap is useless at this time... this is very discouraging Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 01:51 AM)ezdrifler Wrote: Tried the nasal rinse and oh man fir the last hour ive been in miserable burning sensation from the back of my nose, used the ready to use kit but it appears the back of my troath is so irritated that the rinse was like putting alcohol in a cut, minutes after the rinse my nose is completely blocked again, cpap is useless at this time... this is very discouraging Sad

Hi ezdrifter,

I just now noticed your post and sent you a PM (private message).

In the header at the top of all forum pages you should see a link to your PMs.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally a final letter, Kaiser called that the sleep study revealed I have 25 apnea episodes per hour but using a cpap machine it went down to 5 apnea episodes per hour.

They recommended an APAP machine with a low setting of 5 and a high setting of 10, they gave me a list of vendors i can pick from since Kaiser doesnt cover it so I should look at about $800 plus tax machine....

Thats a heavy price tag...
Post Reply Post Reply
Try Amazon. Search for the Philips Respironics Auto CPAP 560. About half your quote. Very good machine, and the forum will help you set it up. It will probably come with the clinician manual but if it doesn't use the forum to get one. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

This is a complete auto cpap with humidifier hose and filters. The DS560TS includes the heated hose, and costs a bit more but is a good value. You will still need a mask. Did you get your prescription?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier No 2 (see supplier list at the top of the page) has the machine Sleeprider referred to for $449 (factory sealed) or $349 (gently used). I would be very reluctant to suggest a new user buy a machine from Amazon or other "alternative" channels - you might get a bargain, but then again you might end up with something you can't use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DB. I hadn't looked at Supplier #2. These PRS1 deals are pretty amazing, and first showed up on Amazon, but Supplier #2 has a great record of customer support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 189 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Sleep study heart rate 250 bpm phoebesalva 5 405 01-13-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  [Health] AWAKE AHI? newtothis1 12 718 01-04-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  waking up every 15 minutes and heart shedu1337 11 888 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.