Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake
RE: 1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake
thanks for your suggestions i will look into it
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the one I got, APAP with humidifier and nose mask.

Is this a good brand?

New Factory Sealed DS560 REMstar Auto AFLEX CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier

- SPECIAL PRICE

Notes:

Your Price

Click on image for more information

Number Available: 11 units

Retail Price New: $2400.00

New, Factory Sealed, 2 year warranty.

Thermal Tubing Conversion Kit sold separately.

$449.00

Post Reply Post Reply
the PRS1 60 Series Auto CPAP is a very respected, very good machine that is fully data capable. Many members here use them. I have one as a standby, and have had great results with it. The retail price in your post is absurd. The going price for these has been about $800 with the humidifier for a long time. With the DreamStation series coming available from Philips, the System One machines are widely available from $400 to $450. You did great!

Follow the links at the top of this page to get your clinical manual so you can manage the settings, and be sure to download the Sleepyhead software to monitor your progress.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2016, 06:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: the PRS1 60 Series Auto CPAP is a very respected, very good machine that is fully data capable. Many members here use them. I have one as a standby, and have had great results with it. The retail price in your post is absurd. The going price for these has been about $800 with the humidifier for a long time. With the DreamStation series coming available from Philips, the System One machines are widely available from $400 to $450. You did great!

Follow the links at the top of this page to get your clinical manual so you can manage the settings, and be sure to download the Sleepyhead software to monitor your progress.

You guys have no idea how helpfull youve been, I will post here my experience after getting it and hope one day my story in one thread will help someone that is as desperate as I was.

I have to admit, someone mentioned in the sleep clinic that loosing weight got rid of her apnea, but she gained it back and thats why she got the apnea back again.

With that said I was wondering if loosing weight may be better, since the wife thinks the machine may be exagerated, but with my weightlifting and getting up with a headache and super heavy eyelids is getting very old fast, even at church yesterday I had to close my eyes for a few seconds trying to get a quick charge only to get smacked on the arm by the wife to pay attention... I wanted to get out of mass and go try to sleep in the car, also at work during lunch ive played with the idea of going to park during lunch and sleep a few minutes.

But i fool myself because I dont really rest due to this condition, I cant wait to get the long term treatment going. 4 days!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Got my machine yesterday Smile

Is the first time I actually experience an Apap, is interesting to see how the pressure kicks up when breathing slows down.

I was hoping to use it all night but when I dose off at around 8:30 pm I believe I used it for like two hours then half asleep I remember turning the machine off and taking the mask off, my wife said she came to bed at 11:00 and I didnt have it on so I am guessing I only used it for 2 hours.

It appears is going to take some getting used to it...

I dont know why but I actually feel better this morning, my headache is gone and I woke up early on my own.. I wonder if those 2 hours were enough to really make such impact?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I used to hear my heart beets very loud while sleeping, lot of choking during night and my blood pressure shoots high during the day. Such symptoms disappeared after using CPAP.
However I tried to enhance my sleep by increasing the pressure by 1cm H2O only and I got severe shoulder pain, bloating, chest pain and excessive burping. For 2 weeks I had nausea and discomfort, I did EKG and bladder tests all was normal. I decreased CPAP pressure and the bad symptoms disappeared.
Low oxygen levels are very dangerous to your health use the machine but put the right pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 09:12 AM)ezdrifler Wrote: Got my machine yesterday Smile

Is the first time I actually experience an Apap, is interesting to see how the pressure kicks up when breathing slows down.

I was hoping to use it all night but when I dose off at around 8:30 pm I believe I used it for like two hours then half asleep I remember turning the machine off and taking the mask off, my wife said she came to bed at 11:00 and I didnt have it on so I am guessing I only used it for 2 hours.

I dont know why but I actually feel better this morning, my headache is gone and I woke up early on my own.. I wonder if those 2 hours were enough to really make such impact?

You have a great machine. I know it's early in the game, but try to keep your mask on and use it longer.

What pressure range are you using? That can make a difference in comfort.

Now that you have your APAP, please update your profile.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 10:08 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 09:12 AM)ezdrifler Wrote: Got my machine yesterday Smile

You have a great machine. I know it's early in the game, but try to keep your mask on and use it longer.

What pressure range are you using? That can make a difference in comfort.

Now that you have your APAP, please update your profile.
Sleep-well

Will do.

My doctor said i needed a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10, settings

I bought it from secondwind and they told me they would send it with those settings, but i honestly dont know how to confirm. i looked around and couldnt find anything 5/10
Post Reply Post Reply
Order the free CPAP CLINICIAL MANUAL for your machine:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

In the meantime, Turn knob untill setup is highlighted, then hold down the round knob and the arrow at the same time till it beeps. Now you are in the providers menu. From there, you should be able to see or change settings.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mmm..

Sleepyhead software readings were not very encouraging.

It said i had a horrible AHI of 12.17 , that my mask is leaking way too much and that my pressure was under 10cmH2O for 95% of the time.

my settings are 5-10 as the doctore prescribed so staying under 10cmH2O should be fine. as far as the AHI index is the index i was diagnosed with so im going to try it for a longer period of time and see if anything changes.

as far as mask leaks i really didnt feel any, only the air that comes out at the pivot point were the hose conects to the mask which seems normal.

any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Sleep study heart rate 250 bpm phoebesalva 5 405 01-13-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  [Health] AWAKE AHI? newtothis1 12 718 01-04-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  waking up every 15 minutes and heart shedu1337 11 889 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.